Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My recent reading habits

Options
  • 25-01-2000 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

I finished DOug Coupland's Shampoo Planet a while back. I read it years and years ago before I reached the heady age of adultdom, and I really didn't appreciate this book. It's about nothing at all really, but the awakening in a young member of the global teens (mtv generation with shampoos up the ying yang) that life can't run according to plans and people are dark inside somewhere. It's really good and Couplandy and very easy to read. Superb.
    I also read JOhn Buchan's The 39 Steps. Hitchock made a great movie of this and the book is top class too. I really enjoyed the whole chaffish englishness of it all. A very proper international conspiracy novel.
    Now I'm reading Jack Vance's Night Lamp which is starting off in an interesting way and then I am tackling (because that is the right verb) Sophie's World, that wierdy philospical book.

Advertisement