Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillary Clinton must be the only Democrat happy today.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

musician wrote:
    I'm interested in the talk of Hilary Clinton being too liberal for the US. I seem to remember her railing against violence in films/video games representing parents
    You sure you're not thinking of Tipper Gore? Tipper didn't like the idea of her very young kids listening to Prince's Darling Nikki. I'm not too sure I'd like the idea of a ten year old in my house singing that one coming down he stairs for morning cornflakes either. Those little black stickers came pretty much solely out of the organisation that Tipper got involved with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I'd imagine that "up and coming" democratic star Barack Obama will be fairly chuffed with himself today too.

And while Hillary might be too liberal for America now, we'll see how america feels after 4 more years of ultra conservatism

Spot on. I was about to throw that comment in on Barack too - I was just talking with a friend this morning about a possible Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket for 2008. That would be very appealing to me - Obama just oozes charisma, much like Clinton. He will be the democratic saviour.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

NoelRock wrote:
    Spot on. I was about to throw that comment in on Barack too - I was just talking with a friend this morning about a possible Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket for 2008. That would be very appealing to me - Obama just oozes charisma, much like Clinton. He will be the democratic saviour.

I can see the political cartoons now...obama/osama you be the judge :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

What about a ticket of Hilary Clinton and Edwards? Still hope that she will get it next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

CathyMoran wrote:
    What about a ticket of Hilary Clinton and Edwards? Still hope that she will get it nexxt time around.

Not a hope.

Do ye actually think that the US is ready for Hilliary Clinton as President?

We are more likely to see Jed Bush or arnold schwarzenegger.

The democrats need to be start looking around and planning for the election in four years time.

But perhaps after another 4 years of Bush ..................heaven knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Essey

If that flaming B***h runs and wins in 2008 - I swear I'll cut my throat! Rudy in 2008!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

I was under the impression Arnhuld couldn't run for president as he wasn't born in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Essey wrote:
    If that flaming B***h runs and wins in 2008 - I swear I'll cut my throat! Rudy in 2008!!!! :p
    There are only two letters between the B and h if you're talking about Jed Bush;)
    I was under the impression Arnhuld couldn't run for president as he wasn't born in the country?
    Your impression is entirely correct. It'd take a constitutional amendment to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Cork wrote:
    Not a hope.

Do ye actually think that the US is ready for Hilliary Clinton as President?

We are more likely to see Jed Bush or arnold schwarzenegger.

The democrats need to be start looking around and planning for the election in four years time.

But perhaps after another 4 years of Bush ..................heaven knows.
    How about Edwards as president and Hilary as vice president? Edwards certainly has the charm - was watching them picking the democratic nominee last year and I always put my money on him - if he gets more experience and a higher public profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

NoelRock wrote:

he seems to be very popular alright...

a Clinton/Obama run for 2008 would be a good bet....

i reckon though if this isnt the case he could run for pres in 2012... he still only 40 or something like that... so he's still young...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

And while Hillary might be too liberal for America now, we'll see how america feels after 4 more years of ultra conservatism
    Some guy on ITV last night (ok, this morning) reckoned that the Bush administration will tone it down in the second term, like many Republican administrations before them (he cited Reagan as an example). I'm still not quite sure if it was the funniest or the stupidest thing I'd seen all night.

I can see Hilary wanting to run, but I can't see her getting past the primaries to be honest; and I do think that because she's a woman. Not because women are weak or any such nonsense, but because I can't see the Dem party machine taking the risk of trying to put a woman in the White House; in which case they'll try to hobble her campaign at every opportunity.

What age is Kerry? Is there an upper age limit on the Presidency? If he's not going to be too old in four years time, Kerry's the man I'd put my money on right now. As I've suggested above, the Bush administration really hasn't anywhere to go on policy, they have to keep up the FUD, and I can't see them getting away with it for another four years. Yes, Kerry lost, but it wouldn't take much to switch it around.

But four years is a long time. I reserve the right to replace my bets. :)

adam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

dahamsta wrote:

What age is Kerry? Is there an upper age limit on the Presidency? If he's not going to be too old in four years time, Kerry's the man I'd put my money on right now. As I've suggested above, the Bush administration really hasn't anywhere to go on policy, they have to keep up the FUD, and I can't see them getting away with it for another four years. Yes, Kerry lost, but it wouldn't take much to switch it around.

adam

There is NO WAY Kerry would be allowed to run again in 2008....not a chance in effect he done worse than Al G who won the properly vote so the Democrats have taken a step back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Essey

sceptre wrote:
    There are only two letters between the B and h if you're talking about Jed Bush;)

No baby - I meant Ms. Hilary (I'll throw somebody elses money at any problem) Clinton. Jeb is a great guy. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

dahamsta wrote:
    Some guy on ITV last night (ok, this morning) reckoned that the Bush administration will tone it down in the second term, like many Republican administrations before them (he cited Reagan as an example). I'm still not quite sure if it was the funniest or the stupidest thing I'd seen all night.

I can see Hilary wanting to run, but I can't see her getting past the primaries to be honest; and I do think that because she's a woman. Not because women are weak or any such nonsense, but because I can't see the Dem party machine taking the risk of trying to put a woman in the White House; in which case they'll try to hobble her campaign at every opportunity.

adam

It's generally tradition for a loser not to run again a second time - the main excpetion being Nixon, after losing to Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

actually, i only noticed that the other day...bit strange if you ask me that they can come up with another potential president within 4years....

Advertisement