Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dts question

Options
  • 03-11-2004 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

just got dts working at home, amp marantz sr5400 - when i select dts on the dvd menu i lose all sound from my setup on the dvd menu the sound only comes back as soon as i play the movie (play dts). just woundering if this is normal? could it be that the dvd menu is not dts just the movie. tried it with a couple if different movies but the same problem. when i select dobly digital everything works perfect, but i'd like to use dts.

thakns

serpeh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

AFAIK, Menus and many of the extras are usually only available in Stereo.
    Is there an auto-detect on your amp?

With my setup, I get the menus etc in stereo, and as soon as I launch the movie in DTS the amp recognises this and it plays correctly..

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

same here, check for auto detect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 serpeh1

thanks for that, my amp has auto detect, turned it on and it changed to dobly digital for the menu and extras and dts for the movie, this solved the problem cheers guys, good info

Advertisement