Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry

Options
  • 03-11-2004 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Does anyone know if they're any good, i dont really want it for the e-mails its just handy cos of the keypad for texting. Any recommondations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I've used one for a while and while they are very handy for email/browsing while on the DART/bus, I wouldn't recommend it for just SMS. With SMS I can type them as quick on a nokia with predictive text as on that keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 elainec

I use mine for my corporate email account which is great. For all intents and purposes I can reply from my blackberry and its as if I'm in the office. The receiptiant wouldn't know any different.

The Internet Browser is faster than my GPRS connection using my Nokia 6230 but if you were just to use it for texting it would probably be a waste of money.

The blackberry that I have at the moment isn't bluetooth compatible which is my only gripe - however I understand that they've launched a new product, with bluetooth but it doesn't have the QWERTY keyboard.

Overall, its a handy tool.

Elaine

Advertisement