Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TwinMOS Red Rock S21 MP3 Player Problems

Options
  • 03-11-2004 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I bought the 256mb TwinMOS RedRock MP3 player from komplett.ie on thursday. It arrived yesterday evening vis GLS, woohoo :D

The thing is I'm already having problems icon9.gif

When I first hooked it up it was fine, transfered over some mp3s no problem. Disconnected the proper way and went to play with my new toy, but a message appeared on the player stating that there was no tracks on my device even though i had just filled it up. Ok, no problem I taught and went to do it again. This time I couldn't drag and drop anything on to the player.

I took a look at the twinmos site to see if there was anything I needed to download. I go the Firmware & Upgrade Program from here.

Still no joy.

I check the device manager, troubleshooter etc. All say my device is working properly. NO ITS NOT!!! icon8.gif

When ever I try to access the mp3 player in explorer all I get is "please insert disk in to drive"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Did you try formatting it and load the songs back on ?
    You sure you didn't just put shortcuts to the songs on the device ?
    Have you tried putting a word document on and see if you can retrieve it back onto the computer?

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lasedase

Hi I don't know if you've figured this out yet but still... I had the exact same problem with my 512mb redrock and I did as you and downloaded the firmware and the I tried formatting the player with the firmware and voila! It works again! /Johan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Whats the sound quality like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I'm interested in the 512Mb one with radio for less then €100 - at that price I'm very tempted - but I'm just not certain as to how good this player actually is. Can it store radio station presets? How big and heavy is it (I know there are figures on the web but I prefer getting a persons feelings about it) does it need special software to work? Can you plug it into a PC without a cable? I tried google but it mainly trew up shopping web sites :(

Also does it have a remote (I don't think it does but this makes it look like it does)
    tm_forpackningen2.jpg
    Swedish review

Advertisement