Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband service in Balycullen, Dublin 24?

• 03-11-2004 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Moving to a new house in Ballycullen, and cannot get NTL as yet there (even though its a road away??? :rolleyes: ). ANYHOW whats the next best option? Have heard IB is slow and anyway I'm in front of trees which I think might be a problem.
    Don't really want to go to Eircom..am used to paying 30 squids a month..help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

You should read the other threads here on ideas about which service to go with.
    Also have u confirmed u can even get bb? Your line might not pass the line test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

loup wrote:
    Moving to a new house in Ballycullen, and cannot get NTL as yet there (even though its a road away??? :rolleyes: ). ANYHOW whats the next best option? Have heard IB is slow and anyway I'm in front of trees which I think might be a problem.
    Don't really want to go to Eircom..am used to paying 30 squids a month..help!!
    IBB isnt exactly slow, its usually quite quick just sometimes not the most reliable, i would choose it anytime over eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

You mightn't like to hear it but my bro's number (Ballycullen) fails all the DSL tests. I've also tried a few numbers around that area (Woodstown Shopping Centre Spar and Chinky) and they all fail.

SO if IBB is available it mite be your only option :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Oh no..not looking good! Thanks for the info..might give IBB a ring. What do you mean by not reliable, gline? Do you mean it goes down at certain times or do the speeds vary wildly depending on when you are on? I am mainly a daytime user.

• Advertisement

I mean it depends where you live, some people have problems (some downtime, slow etc) , others have no problems whatso ever, a mate of mine in rathfarnam has had it for a good few months now and no problem, but another mate in tallaght had endless trouble for months, it just depends, i would recommend it though, if it works out crap just make sure u get someone to come out and look at it, be insistent on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

A mate of mine lives in the Woodstown estate in Ballycullen and he has an IBB connection which he swears by (although he's not a gamer - mainly uses it for working from home)

Advertisement