Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last few I've read

Options
  • 13-01-2000 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

"Fear Nothing" - Dean Koontz
    "Fight Club" - Chuck Palahniuk
    "Bag of Bones" - King
    "The Shining" - King
    and on page 1044 of "Da Stand"
    I'd (probably) enjoy reading any comments on the above. smile.gif
    (p.s. Does any1 notice a pattern to my reading wink.gif)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Stand, mmm, not bad, but for a far superior treatment of the same story, check Swan Song by Robert R McCammon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i just read bag of bones, was good, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

just finished Swan Song, not bad, I wouldn't rank it as the best book I've ever read but it is enjoyable.

Reading Excession by Iain M Banks, ... so far (half way).. Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

bag of bones was definitly good and i have just started hearts in atlantis which has been good so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im abig stephen king fan, but havent got round to buying any of his last couple.
    must get bag of bones and hearts of atlantis and whatever came before those two
    hmmm, sean song is good, but i wouldnt rank it above the full version of the stand as a post apocalypse, good versus bad, lets rebuild our community and destroy what 100 million nuclear warheads couldnt kill, type book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

On the subject of good Stephen King books - The Green Mile was great. It's the best one of his that I've read.
    The film might be good too.
    anyone else read it ?

i have read that aswell, the collection edition with all the parts in it smile.gif
    the one before bag of bones was "the girl who loved tom gorden" btw (shorter than usual but good)
    i finished the first story in hearts of atlantis (low men in yellow coats) and it was good but, never having read any of the dark tower series, i didnt appriciate the tie-in, an original ending would have been better than one you could only really get if you have read those books

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think King has been ****e since I turned 10! I mean I read Rose Madder recently. Half of the book was great, it was about a woman who was beaten by her husband, finally got the courage to leave him and built a new life for herself.
    Then the other half is about the husband looking for her to kill her, he turns into a bull or something and she escapes into a painting! I mean wtf?
    I was a good book while it was grounded in reality but as soon as he went back to his usual Stephen King brand hugely predictable weird ****(TM) it ruined the book.

Is Fight Club any good? I loved the film -until it turned out the... uh-oh better not ruin it!

fight club (the orig. book) WAS good, although the ending, even thou it was unexpected, could have been better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Last few books I've read;

Stephen King "The Stand"
    David Gemmell "The Legend of Deathwalker"
    David Gemmell "Dark Moon"
    David Gemmell "Winter Warriors"
    David Eddings - All 3 books in the 'Tamuli'

David Gemmell is a good writer, so is Eddings. Only if you like Fantasy though, magic and swords and all that stuff.

Everyone should read the Stand though.... even if you think it's **** wink.gif

Kegs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Go and read Green River Rising by Tim Willocks, its outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Yeah willocks is good alright, check out blood stained kings too ct and if u like willocks check out Ed Bunker (former convict and MR Orange in Reservoir Dogs).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I tried to read dark moon once. When I got to your one with 3 tits it was in the bin!

not THAT big into the fantasy type kegser
    prefer more horror suspense.
    in fact, thats all i read wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

im halfway through one of kings ones, "pet sematary" - its ****ing scary ****.......with the cat and all, anyone read it?

read "the green mile"...was excellent...film coming out soon...supposedly great...end

"...perhaps one day we might find out."
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~whitetrash/index.htm

just trying to get that url thang down there right, right?

"...perhaps one day we might find out."
    wHiTe-TrAsH

Advertisement