Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Media during the election.

Options
  • 03-11-2004 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Which channel do you think covered the election the best? IE in informative content and fairness?

Personally , i though RTEs coverage was like potatoes a little blad but good, Fox's was like Burger Kings Whopper ,entertaining but i knew it was bad for me .
    All in all the coverage was ok, though i cringe at the though of Sean Hannity and O Reily smirking at the fact Bush won.

Also on a side note, do you think it was bad that the Media was paying so much attention to the electorial college voting system, instead of the actual votes? I know people want a clear cut finish/ending, but the one man one vote system seems to be shadowed by it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Did you start this thread just to make silly food analogies?

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

not at all, but it was interesting to see the various points of views by the media , such as Fox or NBCs coverage , though i though CNNs coverage was a tad bit boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

magick wrote:
    Personally , i though RTEs coverage was like potatoes a little blad but good, Fox's was like Burger Kings Whopper ,entertaining but i knew it was bad for me .
    All in all the coverage was ok, though i cringe at the though of Sean Hannity and O Reily smirking at the fact Bush won.
    Where do you pick up Fox news in Ireland? Is it on satellite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

its on Sky Digital

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Fox News is available via the Sky Digital service, SkepticOne - either via it's own channel on the EPG or via Sky News Active (press the red button) - not sure which.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I was actually surprised at the low-key approach Fox News took to Bush's victory. (Assuming he is victorious.) Apart from the odd comment like "Aren't the Democrats just spoiling the party by not conceding yet", I thought it was reasonably balanced. Of course, behind the camera, I'm sure they're all smiles and pats on the back, but at least they had the courtesy to put up a front.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

mr_angry wrote:
    I was actually surprised at the low-key approach Fox News took to Bush's victory. (Assuming he is victorious.) Apart from the odd comment like "Aren't the Democrats just spoiling the party by not conceding yet", I thought it was reasonably balanced. Of course, behind the camera, I'm sure they're all smiles and pats on the back, but at least they had the courtesy to put up a front.

I would say they're being cautious, but I doubt it. give it a few days (assuming Kerry concedes) and Bill O Reilly and the like will start their evil gut laughs

flogen

Advertisement