Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get up as high as possible in google?

Options
  • 03-11-2004 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

:rolleyes:

Hi,
    I am trying my very best to get one or two of our websites to get as high as possible in google at the moment without spending any money!!! I have been told that reciprocal links are the way to go so i have added our website into about 30+ search engines etc. I am also trying to get people with websites to add our website address on their links page and i would do the same for them.

Could anybody else provide me with some valuable information or tricks of the trade to get up in the search engines??

Also if anybody has a list of good search engines i would very much appreciate it.

best regards,

michelle xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Have some decent content to merit the position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

whats the site addy?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Do a search for googlebomb. You probably don't want or need to go that far but the explanations for how it works will put you on the right track. By the way, if google catch going too far to get to the top they might stop listing you altogether. An important thing to check is that the keywords and descriptions in your meta tags are an accurate reflection of the content on your page, i.e. if you have a keyword in your meta tags that isn't contained anywhere on the page then google pretty much ignores it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Michelle

Have a look on the webmaster board where this comes up quite often :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

You are probably aware that the Google algorithm is a secret, therefore anybody’s suggestion on how to achieve top placement comes from “trial and error” and therefore subjective and open to debate.

Here’s my own suggestion
    http://www.freehost.ie/forum/index.php?showtopic=13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Submitting to the Irish and international directories is a good idea.

Submitting to FFA links pages is a really bad idea.

Advertisement