Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 3?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I thought that snake seemed like some uber soldier in cutscenes of twin snake which was at odds with the snake you played in the game who was very fragile. If he could dodge bullets and jump on missles will still using a missle launcher then why did he have to be stealthy in the game.

I've never played The Twin Snakes but that cutscene sounds really laughable!

Am looking forward to Snake Eater-have always been a fan of the Metal Gear games!The cutscenes did kind of lower my opinion of MGS2 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I'm hyped about MGS3.
    I do have to agree MGS2 wasn't the best but the graphics were extrodinary!

HEE HEE HA HA!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

nope, cut scenes in mgs2 were the best?

tell me another game where they are as well directed as those ones.

hell, tell me some films where teh direction is better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I agree completely Peteee... but what about the Attack on Pearl Harbour sequence in Pearl Harbour? Isn't that better? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

we have to wait until march next year. this is getting annoying. hopefully mgs3 doesn't become a kind of duke nukem forever type job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Found a good detailed review here

http://games.insidepulse.com/article.php?contentid=29716

CDWOW now have the release date as December 27th?

Otacon wrote:
    I agree completely Peteee... but what about the Attack on Pearl Harbour sequence in Pearl Harbour? Isn't that better? ;)

GAH! My one weakness!!

Theres a great review on www.eurogamer.net.

They say its the best one yet.

I cant see this becoming a Duke Nukem: Whenever game, since its out in the US, tis only the PAL conversion i should think.

Hell i'm buying a PS2 JUST to play this game (will be away from home) well, GT4 might have something to do with it aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I live in the U.S. and MGS3 came out November 22nd. AND I'M LOVING IT! IT'S AN ALL OUT GREAT GAME! I can't find anything wrong with it, though one of the people on codec just won't shut up she reminds me of rose. But other than that nothing wrong. The plot is awesome and once again the graphics are amazing. Ocelot is a lot cooler in this game than the others.
    Slitting the thraots of the guards is fun.

Hope the rest of you have fun when you get it. It's the best game of the year easily.

Wait, he's even cooler then he was in sons of liberty!

/me drools

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

MGS one and two are in my opinion THE best games ever, i can't wait till MGS3 comes out and i'nm buying a PS2 just to play it. Though i have to agree that the constant codec interuptions get annoying, only on your second (and third etc..) time playing it though, imo. The story is one of the best parts about it and better than any other games i've played

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Zounds wrote:
    MGS one and two are in my opinion THE best games ever, i can't wait till MGS3 comes out and i'nm buying a PS2 just to play it. Though i have to agree that the constant codec interuptions get annoying, only on your second (and third etc..) time playing it though, imo. The story is one of the best parts about it and better than any other games i've played
    even zelda? i think not. ocarina of time is the best game ever. tho i really love mgs1 and 2 and still play them. cant wait till 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I love the MGS style of play when just sneaking around but felt there's far too little of it in the games.
    It seems 90% of the focus in the games are on boss battles and story, which are in my view its week points(although the characters are great, just the overall story far too convoluted)
    I'm hopeful the new one will have more pure gameplay to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

steviec wrote:
    I love the MGS style of play when just sneaking around but felt there's far too little of it in the games.
    It seems 90% of the focus in the games are on boss battles and story, which are in my view its week points(although the characters are great, just the overall story far too convoluted)
    I'm hopeful the new one will have more pure gameplay to it.
    Since it has the inenviable task of explaining what happened in the previous two games (as well as setting up the inevitible next one), you can expect a fair bit of talking too, I should imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

the best part in Metal Gear Solid on the psx

and it hasn't happened to anyone who played the game i've ever asked about it

an extra bit of footage when you meet psycho mantis
    if you have a konami game (or games) data stored on your memory card
    he'll do a chat where he says he can read your mind

the gist of what he says is 'i see you like playing games, you like 'azure dreams'? (as the game was in my case) you play it a lot, but you dont save too often'
    now for the 5 seconds until he said about saving the game i was like what the fu ck is going on he's actually reading my mind, then i twigged it

but sooo cool at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

he told me i liked silent hill on the playstation and in twin snakes he commented on zelda and mario sunshine. yes its happend to me to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Since it has the inenviable task of explaining what happened in the previous two games (as well as setting up the inevitible next one), you can expect a fair bit of talking too, I should imagine...
    It's a prequel though isn't it? So it'll just have the task of fore shadowing I'd imagine.

So is it availible today from CDWOW or was it a typo? :confused:

Its due in the next couple of weeks?

Old thread??!!

Its out on friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭moog man

mgs3.jpg

mgs31.jpg

it's a bit too much. cutscenes suck as usual, if kojima wants to make a movie, why doesn't he. leave the games alone :)

-moog man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Unless you're only 10 minutes into the game, you couldn't possibly think its cutscene city. Compared to the other games, its practically devoid of them.
    You get a few at the start explaining the game. And beyond that, its all hugely entertaining action scenes. The codec doesnt even bother you much, they leave that more so in your hands to either decide to call in to hear more or to find a hint. The saving conversations are a strain at times, but it is definetly one damned nice action game, i cant think of one time in mgs2 where i was let just play the game for even a fraction of the time 3 allows without throwing a huge stinking cutscene at me.

Its a great game, with a story that is actually interesting and lacking in the usual excessive moral crap. Buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I will be getting this tomorrow in Argos it is only 44.99 euro in the Catalogue

Just preordered this for 50 euro dollars in xtravision.

Also the cut scenes rule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

just bought this for 49.50 wat a game i have been playing it since around half ten this mornin its class

Where did you buy it today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone finding the cutscenes a little over the top. They aren't as bad as MGS: Twin Snakes but I preferred the cutscens when Kojima was limited by the hardware pre-PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i bought it in a local shop there the best bet for gettin games early also tesco ballybrack have it onl sale today too

Brock wrote:
    i bought it in a local shop there the best bet for gettin games early also tesco ballybrack have it onl sale today too

Cheers will have to check me local tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Im a big fan of mgs and all that and have been since I was a child. I know lots and lots of people who like mgs and all that but I have never meet a single person who has enjoyed playing the game. That is the slightly weird thing about the series.
    Mayby Im just reading into this too much!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

How much was it in Tesco?

Advertisement