Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 3?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I got it yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it. The radio chat is so sparse in comparasion to MGS2 I keep feeling like I should be calling people up just to shoot the breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

i got the import from the USA as i have a modchip its pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm waiting on Pete's reply of dribble [cos I know he's gonna be drooling over playing msg3!].

dammit pete :: wanna know if tis good || !good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Hw thick am I?

Didn't even know this was out till I got my OPS2 today and read the review. Totally buying it tomorrow! Don't care even about the Junior Cert: I WANT MGS3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Bought it on Friday and have gotten quite far. Think I'm near the end of it, it's been absolutely fantastic so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

"E...A....Sports........It's in the game"

YOU WILL NEVER FORGET DAVID!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote:
    I'm waiting on Pete's reply of dribble [cos I know he's gonna be drooling over playing msg3!].

dammit pete :: wanna know if tis good || !good.

Its great.

Stayed up till 3 oclock watching... i mean playing it on friday.

Had a slight attack of nerves when the 'intro' came on, i thought it was gonna be another 'Raiden' debacle!

Overall its great, graphics are excellent, cut scene directin is amazing (How kojima hasnt been given a directing job is beyond me!) and theres a lot more actual 'sneaking' then in previous games.

However, I havnt really succesfully 'sneaked' myself anywhere, i usually get caught and go on a rampage of killings. You'd definetly miss the radar in the indoor sections BRING BACK THE RADAR (the motion detector and sonar arnt a substitute)

I also miss campbell (sp?) on the radio, dont like the new english dude

oh yeah

/me drools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I have seen the best value in Virgin today they have the game for the cheapest i have seen it €44 99 and ya get a free snake t-shirt aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

IT'S 44.99 IN aROGS AS WELL, BUT i CHECKED IN ATHLONE ON THEIR 'STOCK CHECKERS' AND IT COMES UP AS:

'ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE AS OF YET'

• Registered Users Posts: 54,344 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

has any body found the bosses are easy to kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

yer really easy.

the pain, the fear and first ocelot were all done with max od 1 death.
    So easy on normal.

still really enjoyin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

i thought "the end" was a bit of a pain in the ass to kill nad find argh but they were all pretty easy wanna know where to find all those frogs though wanna get me a prize :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yeah, the bosses can be a bit easy, but that battle with The End is a great piece of gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Terrible - why did they go and make a 3rd, it's gone and ruined the whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I like it so far, admittedly I haven't gotten far in it yet. The MGS series have always had the best cut scenes I think.
    Although having said that, it's more like a movie that you can play in occasionally than a game with the occasional cut-scene. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hw thick am I?

Didn't even know this was out till I got my OPS2 today and read the review. Totally buying it tomorrow! Don't care even about the Junior Cert: I WANT MGS3!

You bought that arse rag called OPS2 so you are very thick.

Finished it last night and was late for college today because I was up until 1.30 playing it. Excellent game. The first 2 hours are annoying because of all the codec scenes but after that they hardly ever ring you. In fact I found myself ringing them because it didn't feel like a MGS game :)

The bosses were very easy but were brilliant. There were so many ways you could beat them. I wish other developers would look at the Konami and Capcom games and see how bosses should be done. Only problem was that I wish there was more information about there past. The bosses from the other MG games had more personality.

Overall, I enjoyed MG2: Solid Snake and MGS more but MGS3 is still an excellent game and if it wasn't for a lack of surprises in the story it would be better than the two games I mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I couldnt wait to buy it in town tomorrow so Ive just hired the first game in my life, a tenner for a week from Chartbusters. Looking forward to it like no other game in the past. Its the only thing I'll switch the PS2 on for ;)

Terrible - why did they go and make a 3rd, it's gone and ruined the whole series.

Explain??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

yeah...I have to second that...explain???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

TOLD YOU YOU'D LIKE IT! If you beat all the bosses with the tranqulizer you get their special camo. And if you sneak up on The End and hold him up three times he'll give you his camo that is 100% percent in 2 areas. I'm working on it a third time, getting all the frogs their a pain (no pun intended). Theirs 64 of the suckers and you have to get them all to get a camo. You'll have to look it up if you want their locations.

What did you think of Ocelot? He's so awesome in this game.
    Look everything up online and see all the special stuff you can do and play it a second time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Aye so many easter eggs and other such tricks in the game, two of my favourites are:
    When you get to the first base, before ocelot in the canion, if you blow up the helicopter it wont appear in the later section with it, one of them floating patform dealies will.

and
    If you take a detour west when you emerge out of the caves, you can pick up a sniper rifle. Then if you take the north exit i.e the one to progress the story you will get to the second base. During the cutscene The End will come out in his wheelchair, but the cutscene will end as he's being wheeled back in, so those quick with the sniper rifle can kill him before the boss battle.

Didnt know if the spoiler tags were needed but just being on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

fantastic game, though i've not yet cleared it, despite my weekend of non-stop mgsing. i'm in the east wing of that building, looking for homosexual raiden :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a great self referential joke when you find him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

y Posted by Little_Wing

Like the second game already hadn't

The second game ruined nothing, it was a excellent game (With a good plot....well maybe it lost it in the last hour, but everything up until then)

Have to say the cutscenes in MGS3 surpass even MGS2, one especially is quite possibly the best cut scene ever, quite shocking really! Still miss the Radar though

Ocelot is superb, although i miss his gravelly voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

There can only be one real criticism made about mgs3 and that's the voice acting. David Hayter is very good, but the rest of the cast are so amateurish. I dunno... does anyone else feel the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

MGS2 screwed up making you play a gay dumb*** named Riaden. But other than that it was fine.
    I think they did a pretty good job on the voices. They could have done better. But you're always going to have something wrong even if it's small. No one has made the perfect game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I am a massive fan of the series, Petee knows this. I think its the best one to date. However, I felt that if I said something good about it, it wouldn't be as noticed!

By the way Petee, I agree with you on the radar issue. The AP sensor is a load a b0ll0x! So is the Anti-personnel sensor.

The radar and sonar are much better especially when you end up running away from frogs and snakes :)

• Advertisement

Illuvatar wrote:
    MGS2 screwed up making you play a gay dumb*** named Riaden. But other than that it was fine.
    I think they did a pretty good job on the voices. They could have done better. But you're always going to have something wrong even if it's small. No one has made the perfect game yet.

True, but it gave you a much better perspective at how good snake really is. Your playing an inexperienced dumb ass, and snake is soo cool and experienced. I can see what he was gettin at.

Of course i would prefer to have played as snake but.....

Advertisement