Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 3?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Anyone else stuck on The Pain?

He's a pain!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ouch my eyes these thermal goggles do nothing! Oh there he is.

For some reason I have no Thermal Goggles or Water Camo, both I believe would be useful at this stage ;) How did I miss them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I agree the things they give to you to replace the radar are BS. But I like the new concept of using my own eyes and ears. I'm all about tactics, and going in with a plan.

Good point peteee about MGS2.

There is a harder way to kill the pain without using thermo goggles. Run around untill the pains stamina runs low and he needs food. Shoot a frog or a mushroom as long as it's poisinous and he'll barf. Now use your tranqulizer gun and follow him around and shoot him when you have the chance just don't let him get edible food. And once you kill him by draining his stamina you also get his camo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I didn't use thermal goggles on the pain, or make him get sick etc and I didn't have any problems with him.
    Edit: Just realised, I think the second guy is talking about the fear

• Advertisement

You are absolutly right Crucifix. I ment the The Fear. Thermal Goggles are located in Rassvet in the locker in the room Sokolov was kept.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was talking about the Fear as well. The pain was simple didn't think anyone would have trouble. Begone PullMyFinger! for your lack of hardcore gaming skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

In fairness the pain could be beatin with very little effort never mind hardcore gaming skills

The termal goggles can be found at several different locations.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I was talking about the Fear as well. The pain was simple didn't think anyone would have trouble. Begone PullMyFinger! for your lack of hardcore gaming skills!

;)

He was easy once I figured the right attack system.

Has anyone got past the fear without thermal goggles? He makes the Pain look like a doddle in comparison.

The only way I know to beat the Fear without thermal goggles is like I stated above. Drain his stamina. Becuase he can't stay invisible when he has low stamina.

• Advertisement

Illuvatar wrote:
    The only way I know to beat the Fear without thermal goggles is like I stated above. Drain his stamina. Becuase he can't stay invisible when he has low stamina.

Cheers. Tried feeding him a poisened frog and it drains his stamina big time. Where does he go to recover? Was thinking of planting a mine there ;)

No problem. He goes all over the place you just have to keep up wth him.
    If you have any more questions just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Placing mines is not a great idea, he shoots them, but if you place a mine, then run, and place another mine behind a tree he can't see, he will get stuck in the tree. Easy kill.

Also, you should spend the first part of the fight collecting frogs, about 7-8. And throw them around everywhere in the centre. Make sure you collect, and throw.

I'm playing extreme mode atm.

Giblet wrote:
    Placing mines is not a great idea, he shoots them, but if you place a mine, then run, and place another mine behind a tree he can't see, he will get stuck in the tree. Easy kill.

Am way past him now and (spoiler)

at the part where you have to attach C3 to tanks in Groznyj Grad Northwest

I'm playing extreme mode atm

you're insane ;)

Im tearing hair out on Normal Mode!

Easily the hardest of the series IMO

Yeah it's damn hard. Try go for no alerts (the red one)...insane.

Im not sure how to attach Spoiler tags so look away now if you're still playing it.

Last chance!

The bit where you have to bring and feed Eva with you after the bike crash is making me wanna hurl the controller at the TV screen ;)

How in the name of sweet baby Jebus do I do this in Stealth mode? Im getting caught after a few seconds by a team of 4 + enemies. Normally Id just stab or shoot and run but you cant leave Eva behind.

This game is as addictive as it is frustrating!

Try shooting her with a tranq and carrying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you can leave her behind, kill all the guards, then go back and deal with getting her to your location. if you can't find food but you're close to the "x" then simply walk slowly behind her when she's crouched down, she'll walk a little bit. basically try to walk into her, guiding her to your mark.

yes, it is a bitch.

I think she has ADD because she never listens to me. Shes' always doing something else.
    Have you gotten all the frogs Giblet?

Jesus no, I'm gonna get the Ga-Ko camo first.

• Advertisement

It's not that helpfull. And I would advise you take out The End when he's in the wheel chair it makes it much easier in the long run. Also having the Infinity Ammo face paint helps too.
    I think I'm on frog #38 out of 64.

yes, it is a bitch.

I left it after several attempts last night as there was no stategy I could think of. Im now thinking: shoot her with the Tranq (cheers Giblet), hide her in the grass (maybe?) and lie in wait with the Thermal Goggles and Tranq?

Is it just me or does it go into alert mode after 5 seconds regardless?

Is the grass to the right (Snake's left) the best place to lie and wait?

I can see this one taking awhile :rolleyes:

Yes the fight is inevitable. Where you want to shoot them is your choice. I prefer hiding behind a log not far from the grass.
    I don't see how it can be that trouble-some though. I beat it the first time no problem. And it was on Normal.

Illuvatar wrote:
    Yes the fight is inevitable. Where you want to shoot them is your choice. I prefer hiding behind a log not far from the grass.
    I don't see how it can be that trouble-some though. I beat it the first time no problem. And it was on Normal.

Show off :p

Wont be home to play it for a few hours yet. Do all the attackers come from behind where you're standing as the phase begins or is there more up ahead? Also, while I have to feed the annoying beeyatch while she's Tranq'd? Any food I have doesnt seem to give me the option to feed her.

Sorry bout all the questions, I dont mind hard parts in games as long as you know what to do!

You don't have to feed her at all while she is tranq'd. The best part is, before you finished the area, beat the crap out of her to wake her up :D

I didn't find normal mode too hard, but playing through it on no alerts?! Even with all the boss camo I don't think I could do it.

Im on The Boss and I never got the hang of CQC during the game, so basically Im f*cked?

Just keep tapping the "O" button and hope for the best?! :D

This is what I get for always playing other MSG games on "easy" first time around!

If you want a really good camo, when you throw her on the ground tranq her. You'll get the snake camo it's pretty good.
    Why are you trying to play it with no alerts Giblet? Is it for the Infinity face paint?

I tell ya how much Im CQC - less, the game was due back Sunday, its now 4 days overdue and Ive no intention of buying it for one boss!

Annoying the f*ck outta me. Need some CQC tips please then the game is going back never to be bought ;) MSG 1 was groundbreaking, MSG2 was pretty good, but this has been too annoying in parts to be a classic for me.

• Advertisement

Annoying the f*ck outta me. Need some CQC tips please then the game is going back never to be bought ;) MSG 1 was groundbreaking, MSG2 was pretty good, but this has been too annoying in parts to be a classic for me.
    Well if you want to know:
    Don't CQC her. When she CQC's you hit O as soon as you see the red exclamation mark above snake's head. She'll be left standing but stunned, leaving her open to a tranq head shot, and you'll have a split second to sprint behind a tree or something, before she opens fire on you.

Advertisement