Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 3?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can do it in a lot less complicated way. I just put on the best camo, hid, shot her in the ass when she wasn't looking and then rolled and lyed low. Rinse and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

You shouldn't say that Pull my finger. The ending is the best part.
    Other than the first time I faced her, I just charge her and keep pressing the O button. Use life medicine if you get low on life. And when she falls to the ground you can shoot her with whatever gun you feel like but you'll get 2 or 3 shots in. It goes by pretty quick when you learn there pattern. Or come up with your own system to defeat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Played it for a few hours..gotta say im very far from impressed...tbh seems like a load of bollocks to me :( Sneak for 2 seconds..ALERT!!!! hide for a few minutes..sneak for a few seconds..ALERT!!! hide for a few minutes..and so on and so forth. 1 & 2 were great but this one is just annoying..i can appreciate why kojima took out the radar but ffs, without it you get spotted non stop, its jsut a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Deadwing wrote:
    Played it for a few hours..gotta say im very far from impressed...tbh seems like a load of bollocks to me :( Sneak for 2 seconds..ALERT!!!! hide for a few minutes..sneak for a few seconds..ALERT!!! hide for a few minutes..and so on and so forth. 1 & 2 were great but this one is just annoying..i can appreciate why kojima took out the radar but ffs, without it you get spotted non stop, its jsut a pain in the hole

Well I dunno, try "very easy" mode.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You can do it in a lot less complicated way. I just put on the best camo, hid, shot her in the ass when she wasn't looking and then rolled and lyed low. Rinse and repeat.

Equip the knife, run around to the side of her, slash her a few times. After she gets up again, run to her side again.Takes alot of time, but it can be done within the time limit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

When she gets Snake in the hold and trows him to the ground how do you block it? It seems to do huge damage to Snake. Also - how do I do it back to her? I got through most of the game with minimum CQC, apart from sneaking with the handkerchief.

Cleared it.

Never playing it again, lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It gets much better deadwing. I had the same problem as you but it is a lot easier if you use the sonar and motion tracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I couldnt agree more with dead wing, I have finished the game and dont recall ever being stealthy. I did try - Here comes a guy, quick hide behind these boxes. Oh no hes coming this way , quick run down that corridor down the screen. ALERT!! Guard walking on the corridor , only would have seen him if I went FP but then that would have meant standing still and the other gaurd would have seen me etc... And thats just grows into a never ending cycle of boredom. Do you remember how awkward and fustrating MGS 2 was before you got to the node in each sector.

When you have such a terrible camera the radar is 110% essential to the gameplay.
    It should be Metal Gear Solid : Charging Rambo Espionage!

Kojima wanted to make it more realistic. I know a retired Navy Seal, sorry he never mentioned having a radar above his head so he can tell where an enemy is. I've said it before, I'm a tactical person. It takes patience which obviously dead wig and Citizen Erased don't have (or at least not much of it). You have to wait for the chance to strike and use first person mode constantly. I love the game for those spiecific reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Theres the challenging and theres the impossible you know

MGS 3 is challenging it's supposed to be. You can't handle it. The games not made for you. Kojima can't please everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I have to agree with Citizen_Erased.

The whole camera setup is dated and very frustrating. The lack of radar has further highlighted that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Rented it to see what it was like. Played it for the best part of 20 minutes, thats when I turned it off and threw it out the window. It has the most frustrating camera angles in the entire history of gaming. I couldnt play it because they were that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you get used to it. and you CAN move the camera around with the right analog stick,as well as dip into first-person mode with r2 (i think)

Takes a bit of getting used to alright. As frustating as the game was Im getting MSG withdrawals since finishing it. Time to give MSG 2 another whirl again I think ;)

After I got done with MGS3 the second time. I started playing it a third that's when I popped in MGS 2 and played it again.

Id put in my MSG 1 but I need a PS1 memory card for the PS2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Illuvatar wrote:
    It takes patience which obviously dead wig and Citizen Erased don't have (or at least not much of it). You have to wait for the chance to strike and use first person mode constantly. I love the game for those spiecific reasons.

So i dont have patience? Excuse me professor brainiac, but ive finished mgs 1, mgs 2, splinter cell, and one of the hardest games ive ever experienced, ninja gaiden. And if its paitence were talking, how about 80+ hour long games of final fantasy? If thats not patience i dont know what is. MGS3 is bollox tbh, waiting for the chance to strike is all well and good, but waiting in a bush for 2 minutes after you get spotted (which happens every 2 minutes also) while the evasion counter ever so slwoly ticks down is just plain boring.
    The radar is hideously implemented, with soldiers showing up as microscopic dots that are impossible to see, all in all, worst mgs ive played so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

Illuvitar, did that navy seal also mention not being able to see what is around him except when he goes into first person mode where he can't move about? Does that happen a lot in real life? I wouldn't know, I've never been a navy seal. How about if he's visiting a place he has been to - can he see what's behind him far better than what's in front of him?

Don't get me wrong, I actually realy like MGS3 (after I got past the first hour or so), but realistic it is not. And there is a world of difference between a challenging game due to gameplay and a challenging game due to poor game systems. You must have loved those challenging bits in Sonic Heroes where you can fall through the ground, eh?

Dogg.

• Advertisement

We're all entitled to our own opinions. I ment no offense deadwig.
    And if you've read my other posts Dogg Thang, you would have read: No matter how real they make it it's still going to be FICTION. It's still just a game.
    Oh deadwig there's also codec frequencies that you can call to stop the alert, evasion, and caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

apparently mgs4 is well into development for the ps3, and a 30 second video will be shown at this years e3. no, you didn't read that wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Is Hideo doing the next one?

NO. He said he might help but he will NOT be directing it. He wants to work on other games.

He said that for MGS3 aswell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yeah but apparently he saw that the production was not going well so he stepped in. Maybe the team did it on purpose, mabye not, but I doubt he'll stick for another one. That's not to say I don't want him to, but he seems pretty adamant...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It could be good for the series to get a new director in. Might bring something new to the next game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Ciaran500 wrote:
    It could be good for the series to get a new director in. Might bring something new to the next game.

Bah, new director not good. But i suppose if thats what Hideo san wants..... :(

I wish he would do boktai with a ****e weather sensor. Still havent finished the first game despite enjoying it immensely because of bad weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

Yeah, I agree Retrogamer. Boktai seemed great but the inability to play most of the time or play indoors killed it for me.

Dogg.

Advertisement