Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameCube, is it worth buying

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wario Ware really does rock. There's loads of little Nintendo jokes in there too, if you go looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

The multiplayer minigame with everyone clawing their way along the floor towards a trophy is one of the most beautifully sick things I've ever seen. And it's interactive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

nintendo = brilliant design, exclusive games, shigeru miyamoto designing games,

this was always the way nintendo wanted to go..not like ps2 where it seems quantity over quality rules the day...(few exceptions of course)

as for gamecube not having a dvd player..who cares..i watch dvds on a dvd player which doesnt sound like is drying your clothes at the same time....have an xbox too..and halo is class

each machine will always have an "exclusive" to that particular machine and you will always have console wars "mines better than yours" god i can remember my nes is better than your master system...

and saying gamecube is for babies..roll on resi 4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

just bought the gamecube an hour ago (bundle pack wit mario kart double dash €119) but i cant use it til i get it for xmas from the girlfriend,thanx to all who helped convince me to get it,all the info ive recieved since i began this thread has been excellent, now if you ll excuse me im off to finish san andreas :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

You won't be sorry....Mario Kart DD is great craic and the GC is a great little console.

Hmmm, saw a used Metroid Prime in X-Tra Game for €15....tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Get it. Get it. Get it. Get it.
    And beat it. And then get Prime 2.

has any 1 played metal gear solid twin snakes? and if so is it good,luved it on the ps1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

its just metal gear solid with jazzed up graphics and cutscenes... waste of money tbh (if you've played the original to death like me)

i cleared it on the ps1 but wud luv to go through it all again with better graphics,i heard there were some slight story changes,that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I find I don't use my GC much. There's usually months between decent games coming out for it. The decent games that come out are great though, which is the only reason I hang on to it, it just feels like a waste sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i heard there were some slight story changes,that true?

Nothing too substantial. A few lines changed here and there and a lot less inuendo. Also Snake is less of a randy git thats forever chatting the girls up. Story is the same basically.

got to play mario kart double dash for about an hour on it,cant wait to get my grubby little hands on metroid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I LOVE the gamecube but i was kinda disappointed with Double Dash i much prefer F-zero. And Metroid Prime rules all but i haven't got the chance to play echoes yet though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I must agree. i though doule dash was good for a bit but it bored me quickly. fzero gx is amazing. I hated the n64 fzero. it is crap but this is amazing! feels like youre flyin along and it's great fun and rock hard! even though ive finished all the things on master. struggling at the staff ghosts though.

ive just seen the trailer for resident evil 4,looks excellent on the cube,cant wait to get my hands on a copy of that and fzero

Advertisement