Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what part of Waterford are you from?

• 03-11-2004 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

City or County?

I work in the city centre and live up "The top of the town" - up by the Jute Factory. Anyone else from up that area??

(topic title spelling edit!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cherrymount/Kilcohan area.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

Cherrymount !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

I lived out near enough the Cherrymount direction for a while. Know a few heads out there. I used to live in Killure Grove (hated it) but loved John's Park. Made some great friends out there. Brady's was my local for a while. Odd time I'd go to the Golden Vale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Can anyone join in I'm not from Waterford, but I might do my Christmas shopping there

TIPPTOP wrote:
    Can anyone join in I'm not from Waterford, but I might do my Christmas shopping there

Of course you can TIPPTOP. What part of Kilkenny are you from. My uncle is married to a Kilkenny woman - think she lived by Kenny's Well!? I often go up to Kilkenny on a day trip. I like Kilkenny - its nice and quite and I love the train. If you want any tips about shopping in Waterford just ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

climaxer wrote:
    Of course you can TIPPTOP. What part of Kilkenny are you from. My uncle is married to a Kilkenny woman - think she lived by Kenny's Well!? I often go up to Kilkenny on a day trip. I like Kilkenny - its nice and quite and I love the train. If you want any tips about shopping in Waterford just ask.

Not so nice and quiet at the weekends judging by the crowds of hen/stag parties on the train every Friday!!!

I'm from Tramore btw (living in Dublin for the last year) seeing as we're all getting to know each other ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

originally from Dungarvan but living in Waterford for almost 9 months now up at the front end of Johns Park

Déisegirl I have two uncles and loads of cousins in Tramore - know a lot of people from there too. Hung around out there a lot as a teenager.

Mossy - Johnnyland is a nice area. Hope they are treating you well out there ;)

climaxer wrote:
    Déisegirl I have two uncles and loads of cousins in Tramore - know a lot of people from there too. Hung around out there a lot as a teenager.

Did you hang out "down around"? ;) I don't get home very much these days but I always get a shock whenever I am around, to see the amount of housing estates that pop up in the meantime!! I know everywhere is like that these days, but you actually NOTICE it when it's your own town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

climaxer wrote:

the nicest people you could ever meet :) but seriously they are grand

• Advertisement

D&#233 wrote: »
    Did you hang out "down around"? ;) I don't get home very much these days but I always get a shock whenever I am around, to see the amount of housing estates that pop up in the meantime!! I know everywhere is like that these days, but you actually NOTICE it when it's your own town!

Yes I hung around down around :) (happy days). My friend's Mam liked to play the slots so we'd go out with her when we were 13 and little did she know the mischief we got up to in the amusement park - the Walzers. My cousin worked on them. Great memories. Hung around out there for most of the summers when I was a teen. I'm 29 now so it was quite a while ago. Still go out to play the slots every few weeks - sometimes I prefer it in the winter as its nice and quiet. I know what you mean about the houses out there - some changes this last decade espcially up by the racecourse - my uncle bought a house up there a few years ago.

Much prefer it in the winter myself too, though having said that the tourists probably kept me in wages in Super Valu for many a year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

poleberry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

My mother was from the 'top of the town' - congress place. From Lower Newtown myself.

_sheep wrote:
    poleberry

My mum was from Poleberry Terrace and my granny lived there up to around 1986. I used to love going into the house there, and running over to Twomleys to get a packet of Hula Hoops or a Sherbert Dib Dab. Happy happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

cool.gifIm 4rm ashley court its up by da jute factory.cool.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Two houses, spend most of my time in my house on Johns Hill, my weekend retreat is in Talbot Place, Tramore (near the library).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Another Top of the Towner from the same area as Climaxer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Cherrymount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Gah, townies the lot of you! ^_^ I'm from Woodstown, that patch of no-man's land between Passage and Dunmore.

• Advertisement

So we have a Top of the Towners, a few Cherrymounters, one Johnny, one from Tramore, Poleberry and not forgetting the one Woodstowner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

climaxer wrote:
    So we have a Top of the Towners, a few Cherrymounters, one Johnny, one from Tramore, Poleberry and not forgetting the one Woodstowner!

Don't forget the one Lower Newtowner!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Currently living just off Newgate St/Barrick St,
    originally from Kilkenny County (I stress the county)

Cabaal wrote:
    Currently living just off Newgate St/Barrick St,
    originally from Kilkenny County (I stress the county)

So you're not from the TOWN then ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

D&#233 wrote: »
    So you're not from the TOWN then ;)

No I'm not from the Medieval City, ;)
    My feelings towards the Medieval City are very clear http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2045443&postcount=10
    :D

Phew! Strong stuff. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Grange Manor

merlante wrote:
    Don't forget the one Lower Newtowner!

Sorry merlante :)

Cabaal - Barrack Street would be considered more or less the "top of the town".

Meepmeep - Grange Manor is out by Ardkeen area - some really nice houses out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Hi all,

I'm from ballybeg but have been living in Dublin these past 8 years and Kilkenny before that.

Peter

• Advertisement

Well Peter sure you're a true Déise man from Baile Beag. I know a lot of people from Ballybeg. If you're home in the next week or so we're having a Boards Beers on the 20th in Waterford. Might make it a regular thing if enough show up ;)

Advertisement