Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what part of Waterford are you from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Ok, so by right I aint from Waterford, I just spend every single holiday up there, to retain my sanity...Beechwood Avenue just by Johns park. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

not from waterford but livin down by adelphi quay. was up in lismore prk before that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Adelphi Quay is nice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lostinyoureyes

im from kilmacow which is on the broder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am living in Laois, but commute to Waterford for work. Economic migrant. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Bond-007 wrote:
    I am living in Laois, but commute to Waterford for work. Economic migrant. :)

Crikey thats a long spin twice a day.. what is it.. an hour , 90 mins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Trotter wrote:
    Crikey thats a long spin twice a day.. what is it.. an hour , 90 mins?
    90 mins is the average time, depending on traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Past Silverwood, who said jogging around ferrybank was dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭strangepaddy

well im from lismore(in west waterford) but been livin down here for 3 years now...first on henesseys road now on canada street(near the park)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

Ard na Greine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Dunmore road, just by Statoil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Just around the corner from you, Navalus.
    Luke Wadding Street, ( or if I'm explaining to a taxi driver where to go, "The street with the big red-brick church".
    Surprised had not come across this thread before.

It would be interesting to see how many people who have posted since it started are still in the same place and how many have moved away.

I have always been surprised that out of the 100 or so guys in my year at Mount Sion, how few I ever see. Presumably most have moved elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Jor wrote:
    It would be interesting to see how many people who have posted since it started are still in the same place and how many have moved away

since the thread started i have moved back to Dungarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Im still in hillview meself. thinking about moving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

navalus wrote:
    Ard na Greine.

I live very near you, even close than Jor, well I suppose it depends what part of Ard na Greine you live in i.e. the end near Griffith Place, across from the Jute or the end by Upper Yellow Road. I'm in Morrisson's Avenue myself (middle part). I've lived in this area all my life. Started out in Sexton Street. Couldn't live anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

My Granny was from up around there, Griffiths Place. I was always amazed as a kid that a lot of people there seemed to leave their front door keys in the door so the neighbours could pop in.
    Better times?

Roen wrote:
    My Granny was from up around there, Griffiths Place. I was always amazed as a kid that a lot of people there seemed to leave their front door keys in the door so the neighbours could pop in.
    Better times?

My Mam still lives in Griffith Place. I love that area and grew up in Sexton St. and thought I'd never be able to buy a house there but luckily I did. The only downside is the houses are old and expensive enough to modernise them but other than that its great and so close to town but not too close. As for leaving keys in doors I remember that too and there is still such a great community spirit up this way which is lovely and rare these days. My neighbour takes in my wheelie bin when I'm at work - small things like that make it a great place to live.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Living down in Poleberry again, tis grand and central but a tad expensive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

I live very near you, even close than Jor, well I suppose it depends what part of Ard na Greine you live in i.e. the end near Griffith Place, across from the Jute or the end by Upper Yellow Road. I'm in Morrisson's Avenue myself (middle part). I've lived in this area all my life. Started out in Sexton Street. Couldn't live anywhere else.

I be always down that way. Well when Im off to the pub. do ya drink in the cranog at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Can't deal with trawling thru a ten page thread, don't think I replied to this before, but I'm originally from Kilmacthomas, and I'm back there or there abouts again.

seanybiker wrote:
    I be always down that way. Well when Im off to the pub. do ya drink in the cranog at all?

Yep I drink in the Cranog!

Yep I drink in the Cranog!

Uh OH I prolly know ya then. im always down there lol.

did ya ever see this uotside the pub
    firstpic.jpg

if ya did ya prolly know me. lol.

seanybiker wrote:
    Uh OH I prolly know ya then. im always down there lol.

did ya ever see this uotside the pub
    firstpic.jpg

if ya did ya prolly know me. lol.

I hope you're not drinking and driving and walk home. I'd def know you sure its my local and I'm there every week for one or two. Small world! Can't say I remember seeing that bike. Will keep an eye out for it.

I hope you're not drinking and driving and walk home.

haha you sound like one of the ones that does be down there. she always getting onto me.
    Of course I dont drink and drive. thats bold. :D:D

I found out who ya where tonight and ya never texted me back.

Lads. this does be one of the sexiest women in town.
    Woo hooo she knows me.

one of the girls was down there tonight. Em lets call her feck it Carmel. Me fecking shoulder is in bits from the slaps she was giving me.
    She was saying she might be going to quiz tomorrow night. ya coming along. Sure I may aswell intriduce meself.

seanybiker wrote:
    I found out who ya where tonight and ya never texted me back.

Lads. this does be one of the sexiest women in town.
    Woo hooo she knows me.

one of the girls was down there tonight. Em lets call her feck it Carmel. Me fecking shoulder is in bits from the slaps she was giving me.
    She was saying she might be going to quiz tomorrow night. ya coming along. Sure I may aswell intriduce meself.

I can't really place who you are but my uncle and Niall said I'd know you. Its mad really. I was wondering who the text was from until I copped on this morning. Don't be telling any of those other Cranog heads about in here - they'd only be noseying around our posts, especially that Niall fella.

Sure next time you see me say hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Nice bike Seanybiker.

I hope you have a big chain and lock for it.
    A friend of mine lived nearby.
    Last year, he was going to work at 5.30am. No bike.
    It had an alarm, but all they did was wheel it out of the garden and into a trailer. A neighbour had called the Gardai. They came and went without even telling my friend that his bike was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

well i hope that chimney dont blow down in a high wind because i live in front of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭WaterfordOnline

I am Dungarvan meself.
    Anyone else from Fungarvan?

Advertisement