Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS: Where to buy?

Options
  • 03-11-2004 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a place to buy a Nintendo DS and a couple of games, to be delivered in time for Christmas. Price is important, but obviously so too is speed of delivery. My usual port of call, lik-sang, doesn't have prices up yet. Can anybody recommend any sites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i have mine oreordered with lik sang for 149 http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav=left_top&category=252&PHPSESSID=7f72d7847359cb172d3f1de2185ae60a

odd price gone off it , it will be $149 no clue what games to get , eurogamer had a list of what will be a ctually out on release day.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Play-Asia
    Look to have it at a good price, and they've got a transformer to use with the charger too for €6.99...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

KdjaC wrote:
    odd price gone off it , it will be $149 no clue what games to get , eurogamer had a list of what will be a ctually out on release day.
    kdjac

Made in Wario/Wario Ware is a must as it uses the touch screen to great effect and should keep you going for weeks. Other than that I don't know really. I guess Mario Kart would be a fairly safe bet but it doesn't really seem to use the second screen to great effect and mario kart titles have always been a bit hit and miss. That said if you know other people getting a DS it's probably a must have title.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

but will those places not have the picto chat stuff in japanese? cause there is like a touchscreen keyboard as well on it is there not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Warioware DS isn't out until January.... Feel The Magic XY/XX and Mario 64 will be the games I'm getting at launch time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

TmB wrote:
    Warioware DS isn't out until January.... Feel The Magic XY/XX and Mario 64 will be the games I'm getting at launch time...
    The announcement means that Japanese gamers can expect five first party titles to debut alongside the machine on December 2nd, with the remaining comprised of Made In Wario, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Dash, Intuitive Stroke and Band Brothers.

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

there is no REAL games on it. i dont want mini games or remakes! if they are gonna market it at older gamers then they ned to do it proper and not with mario and pokemon. advance wars ds is th best lookin game so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

KdjaC wrote:

thinking of doing the same thing, but i just got a few questions before i go ahead and order..

custom charges..anyone have any idea what we would be charged importing these from japan?

the console is region free but will there be any issues with the pictuchat feature after importing?

im planning to order mine around the 19th.. as the release date is the 21st, am i leaving it too late?

also, ill be ordering the dc with games from lik-sang.. the games won't be available until the 2nd December... so this does mean that they'll hold the dc until the 2nd Dec and post everything out together, or would they send out seperately and i pay once/twice for postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hmmm.
    Ah sorry, I should have said that I'm buying the DS while in Canada later this month, and wario is not available there (AFAIK) until early next year. :)

• Advertisement

Made in Wario Dec 2nd? Excellent!
    Now to learn packetloads of Japanese by then!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Found out yesterday that my brother will be in Boston in early December so im getting to get him to grab one. Im hopeing the rush will have calmed a bit by then other wise there is no hope of getting one without a reservation id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

ye, my GF will be in america over the entire Xmas period, so I may get her to pick one up for me. I had actually prebooked it on playasia about 3weeks-a month ago, but was too unsure of details to continue with it(and Ciaran500 was being a bitch ;)), so ill be waiting for it to come out so I can get more info on it.

You think the rush will be OVER on december 2nd tho?The release may have passed, but Xmas will be just around the corner!And nobody really knows how fast they will release more units etc.. although again Ciaran500 did link me to playasia I believe, saying they aint axpecting anyone who orders now to get one on release, and that they expect a big shortage.

Hopefully Pico and the charger will be fine if I order from America. I got warioware on the GameCube :D It rocks!! and it would be Soooo much better on portable and with touch screen.

You think the rush will be OVER on december 2nd tho?The release may have passed, but Xmas will be just around the corner!And nobody really knows how fast they will release more units etc.. although again Ciaran500 did link me to playasia I believe, saying they aint axpecting anyone who orders now to get one on release, and that they expect a big shortage.

Hopefully Pico and the charger will be fine if I order from America. I got warioware on the GameCube :D It rocks!! and it would be Soooo much better on portable and with touch screen.

The rush may not end till around Jan some time but its hard to tell...

The charger is the same as the one for the GBA SP so easy enough to pick up. All though id be surprised if the chharger wasn't dual voltage like every other charger these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The charger is the same as the one for the GBA SP so easy enough to pick up.

I haven't found a GBA SP charger anywhere.

hmm saw them in game before and im pretty sure play.com do them.

GAME. €9.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Cool, then pending some good feedback ill get my GF to pick one up, see will be in florida from the 15dec-15jan or something, so she should be able to pick one up hopefully.
    If only that had a dual colour release, I want black!

Advertisement