Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what exactly is the count?

Options
  • 03-11-2004 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Skynews on in the background. He mentioned the score as..

Bush 254
    Kerry 242

He mentions "Even with Ohio Kerry can't win, so he should concede".

Didn't sound right. BBC news.

Bush 254
    Kerry 252

electorial-vote.com

Bush 259
    Kerry 252

So where is the definte score?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

The Beeb and CNN both report 254-252 so I would go with that.
    Sky News are way off with their assertion(who would have thought :rolleyes: )
    Ohio is still there to be one with the winner being regared as the new Pres. cant see Kerry giving up without a long fight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Hobbes wrote:
    He mentions "Even with Ohio Kerry can't win, so he should concede".

Didn't sound right. BBC news.

tahts not right at all. The way sky news were counting last I saw they said it was possible that if kerry lost Ohio he might still win (if he won all the other states) but thats not going to happen. Sky are a bit behind AFAIK, with New Mexico, Iowa and Ohio the only states in the air, meaning Ohio is the decider no matter what

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As usual, Sky are way off. I flicked it on briefly when I got up this morning, and Sky were reporting higher votes for Bush and lower votes for Kerry than CNN were.

I took CNN's word for it.

[Edit: Looks like electoral-vote.com has given New Mexico to Bush, that's why he's 5 ahead of CNN.

Doesn't make a difference though. It all hinges on Ohio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

DaBreno wrote:
    cant see Kerry giving up without a long fight.

He just did.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He just did.
    Link?

All I see is Bush claiming Kerry has conceded. Nothing official yet...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 HFXOC

White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card said today he is convinced President Bush has defeated Sen. Kerry, but that Bush will not make a statement until later today. "President Bush decided to give Sen. Kerry the respect of more time to reflect on the results of this election," he said.

Kerry's response according to CNN newsflash- Sen. John Kerry calls President Bush to concede presidential election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

seamus wrote:
    Link?

All I see is Bush claiming Kerry has conceded. Nothing official yet...

Cnn.com has confirmed that Kerry has conceded defeat. He was to far behind to bother scraping it out. A dark day for the world. Glad Ireland doesnt have large oil reserves!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

HFXOC wrote:
    Kerry's response according to CNN newsflash- Sen. John Kerry calls President Bush to concede presidential election.
    Very badly written newsflash that was quickly changed. I knew immediately what it meant but whoever wrote it should still get a slap for getting hopes up briefly before dashing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Advertisement