Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush accepts victory gracefully...

• 03-11-2004 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

This was supplied to me not more than 2 mins ago. I think its not so recent though.....

bushsaluteskerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

naw that's an old one.
    Still good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

thought so.

very apt for the moment though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

how old, like in context of this election?
    how can a muppet like that possibly get elected. it really is beginning to annoy me. THe whole world should vote considering we all get effected.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Don't say stupid things in public.

Why would anyone assassinate the main reason people become a terrorist. He's a one man recruitment campaign.
    How do you think Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams got this far??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Eenie-meenie-miney................Humour

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

wrote:
    Don't say stupid things in public.

I fail to see how that was stupid. We'd all be better off. Perhaps, next time, I'll have the good sense to throw a gag in (although it did have "ass" in it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I was referring to the fact that it's really not wise to make any sort of threat, implied or real, against the President of the US. The Feds and/or SS very aggressively pursue all such threats, and will find you and question you about it. Yes, this has happened before in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

good god. i'm as good as dead now. the FBI spiders will pick up on the key words there and track us all down.

gah! i'm takin you with me eskimo......!1!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I take it you haven't seen this then. They take this sort of crap far more seriously than you might expect, and as detailed behind the link, you can end up with a permanent secret security file for what might be nothing more than careless banter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Fysh wrote:
    I take it you haven't seen this then. They take this sort of crap far more seriously than you might expect, and as detailed behind the link, you can end up with a permanent secret security file for what might be nothing more than careless banter.

Al Quaeda ... osama ... best buddy ... terror .... secret plot ... leprechauns ...

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

now THATS a set of keywords! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭[Preacher]

I hope he dies, natural causes of course. Like stupidity.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

[Preacher] wrote:
    I hope he dies, natural causes of course. Like stupidity.

What, you mean something like that incident with the pretzel? Yeah, that'd be nice. But I really don't want him to die while he's in power or just after he eventually has to relinquish it. Not out of any kind of sympathy for him or his morally disgusting set of policies, but because I don't want him to become the martyr that the religious right can rally behind. It's bad enough having Bush going on about the twin towers attack every time someone criticises him without something like that as well...

Trojan wrote:
    I was referring to the fact that it's really not wise to make any sort of threat, implied or real, against the President of the US. The Feds and/or SS very aggressively pursue all such threats, and will find you and question you about it. Yes, this has happened before in this country.

I never threatened anyone - just hoped somebody else would! Feds or whoever will not show up at anyone's door in this country as they have no jurisdiction here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

its good to see the leader of the most powerful country in the world has the mental age of a 5 year old and the intellect of a spud..

Maximilian wrote:
    I never threatened anyone - just hoped somebody else would! Feds or whoever will not show up at anyone's door in this country as they have no jurisdiction here.
    Doesn't stop them sticking you on a watch list and registering you with half a dozen friendly countries as a possible terrorist.

If you land in the USA, they'd probably pick you up before you got off the plane.

seamus wrote:
    Doesn't stop them sticking you on a watch list and registering you with half a dozen friendly countries as a possible terrorist.

If you land in the USA, they'd probably pick you up before you got off the plane.

You people are entirely paranoid. By the way, look behind you, they're watching you.

Maximilian wrote:
    You people are entirely paranoid.
    I wish that were true.

Besides, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

Seriously, did you read the link that Fysh put up?

Briefly but that was in the US wasn't it? And we all know how mad they are.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote:
    good god. i'm as good as dead now. the FBI spiders will pick up on the key words there and track us all down.

gah! i'm takin you with me eskimo......!1!!

Braver men in uniform have tried. And you onlyu have to look at their boss to see what kind of organisation your dealing with...bring it on.

I've just actually read that link. As someone already said they have no juristiction.
    THey want the whole world to believe that crap. Do you honestly beleieve they have the resources in place to put everyone who utters a threatening word on forums across the internet on black lists?
    Your playing right into their scare tactics aimed at forcing everyone to keep shut about how they feel about that muppet bush.

Advertisement