Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subscribing to Sky without a Phone line

• 03-11-2004 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Has anyone any info on subscribing to Sky Digitial without
    a landline. I've just moved into a new house, am not willing
    to pay eircom €130 for a line + line rental, but obviously
    this is stopping me getting SKY.

I currently have NTL MMDS - but compared to NTL Dublin
    Go Digital, the choice is very limited, with no radion stations
    Is this due to "Bandwidth" (Is that the right expression to use
    for the MMDS system?)

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you can do this, all you need is the equipment needed (dish, decoder) and ask sky for a 2nd hand contract.

you are right about the small choice of channels on the MMDS system, there simply isnt enough room for what is provided on the cabled network

wrong board for this

moved to satellite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

hi keith , you only need a phone line with sky if you are installing two sky boxs in two different rooms
    i have sky + and never connected a phone line .
    tony h in cobh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

not true at from a contractual point of view

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can't tell from your post where you are (even tho there was a comparison drawn to Dublin digi). But here in Galway, more and more independent Sky retailers will do installs without landlines. (Check the display ads in Satellite section of Galway Advertiser or G. Independent). Presumably the same is true around the country.

Advertisement