Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website problems

Options
  • 03-11-2004 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi just wanted to ask a quick favour, could someone go to www.harlechhouse.com and tell me wether it loads alright, the people hosting it say it's fine on their side and blame my router/connection, whenever I try and load it (on numerous machines/browsers) it's very patchy, sometime giving me a "The network path was not found. " error from page to page, and more often not loading up random images or doing so extremely slowly. Thanks alot for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i'm on fast cable and it took ages. and then there was nothing there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭telemachus

Ah cool, thanks for that, at least that rules out eircom as the problem if your on cable, no idea what's up with it, usually with plain html it's a case of it works or it doesn't work :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

i just tried on iol broadband and it seems grand...

not sure if every page is causing you problems but i did notice that
    http://www.harlechhouse.com/gallery_page/gallery_page.htm is 61Kb which would take a while to load up on dialup (see tool at http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ for checking how fit your page is)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

just tried it again now, and it seems fine, loaded in a second,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Tried it. It works - 61k ain't that bad even on dialup - intereting rollovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Get onto fasthosts if it causes problems.
    For some stupid reason they seem to have ICMP disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Your 'home' buttons link to index.htm rather than index.html.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mfitz

Just tried on ntl broadband and loaded straight away =)

Advertisement