Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solution

Options
  • 03-11-2004 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Tensions are high, most people are a bit upset, American is divided, Europe is divided. What can we do?

SWAP!

solution.gif

We get California, The Northeast States and Hawaii - and they can have Britain!
    Everyone wins!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

haha gudun..:)

but didn't most britons including blair (secretly) want Kerry to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I want Hawaii! Though we'd lose an awful lot of nice countryside your way...no Grand Canyon, Rockies, Colorado skiing, national monuments and parks. Hawaii makes up for that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd sooner they had France myself. ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I know Britain in exchange for California and Hawaii might not seem fair, sure maybe we could throw in Poland or something (Wouldn't be the first time Poland was used in such a fashion).

You got it right...give them France. We wouldn't even have to take anything in return! Just take it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I got a better idea, keep France but give them the French! I love the idea of a load of low-waged huffy, shoulder-shugging frenchies slowly serving Freedom Frys to outraged Yanks! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

That is brilliant, but can we give them Italy?

We can keep the food, the football, and the sacuy bints, they can have Silvio and a few more Mafioso.

Nah I quite like France and Italy. Look how nice it is though - Hawaii and The Netherlands side by side - how great a combination is that? Plus... hey Iceland! Looks like you've got some buddies now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yup, what on earth don't people like about France?

simu wrote:
    Yup, what on earth don't people like about France?
    My problem with France? I shouldn't really go into it here, wrong forum...suffice to say it involved a beret-wearing accordian player, a length of onions, a french poodle, a guilotine, and a snooty French waiter. It was a night that is forever seared into my scarred memory - DAMN YOU, PIERRE-JACQUES, DAMN YOU TO HEEEELLLLLLL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

You should swap the UK for Poland.

Poland was - apparently - the only west-European nation which would have re-elected Bush....

So unless you just want to turn this into "build your own fantasy continent" (and I'll move it to After Hours, or Humour or something).....

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

LOL i can't see them wearing them hoola skirts up there in the north sea :D

Will you be putting britain on top of or underneath Canada?

oh and dont forget to give them shannon airport.

Canada? :confused:

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Canada? :confused:

you know canada that big place north of the border with the United states :)

you know canada that big place north of the border with the United states :)
    :confused: :cool: :confused::) oh yeah! Canadia! I get it, its a joke! ha ha.

Actually I'm all for burying the UK under canada, the remotest part of it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Hawaii in the North Atlantic probably wouldn't remain nice for very long though.

There'd be a nice buffer created from the harsh atlantic by the other countries.

is it me or did california shrink when it joined the EU :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Its the cold....

• Advertisement

haha if you squeeze it you might get northern ireland to fit into lake okechobee in florida

haha if you squeeze it you might get northern ireland to fit into lake okechobee in florida
    Yeah forgot to mention, we're keeping northern ireland as part of the deal.

ah an orangeman is for life not just for the glorious 12th right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Someone should warn the mexicans that Alaska's coming. They mightn't see it til its too late!

Can we move the countries around or does our powers of continental removal only apply to the selection shown.

If we can I'd like to move sweden a little closer to Ireland, maybe where england used to be (for purley aesthetic reasons) and perhaps bring the Ruski's in to the fray.

http://www.satirewire.com/news/jan02/australia.shtml

the atlantic seems to be the in spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

San Fran wants out of the US:

http://www.usoutofsf.com/
    I think we should join Canada and leave the Jesus freaks to enjoy the
    heartland.

new_map.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Possible solution: Some Democrat billionaire could try creating an uber-religious, conservative Nadar to fragment Bush's base...

(although I think problems with democracy in the US and elsewhere run far deeper than the good guy/bad guy clash people make of things)

Advertisement