Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2 Official XBox Magazine Score

Options
  • 03-11-2004 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Suprisingly enough this scored a modest 10/10 (and they do use decimal places) ;) . I'm sure it'll be great but can't get over the nagging feeling that the graphics look worse every time that I see it. It looked its best when the initial trailer was released (useing the in-game graphics) and looks it worse in the magazines review. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,337 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i have the game and i think the graphics are brilliant the game is a work of art best game i played ever :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's the offiicial xbox magazine review so don't trust it.

I've played and finished the english version. Have to say that it is brilliant but definitely not worth a perfect score. A high 90's score maybe. I'd give it 94%.

Single player is great fun but the delivery of originality and excellent set pieces that populate the start of the game starts to slow down during the second half of the game. Still the game remains great fun but just not as fun as the first half. The story is also very good except for one really annoying thing which I won't go into.

Co-op mode is great but there are some little annoying bugs. The first is that in some setpieces that require a player to man a vehicle the vehicle will sometimes set off after the first player gets on leaving the second player behind. The other is that in some particularly graphically demanding scenes the shaders on the second screen will disappear.

Multiplayer is great fun. Only problem is that most levels are massive and aren't suited to 4 player. However you will soon learn which levels to play on live and which to play split screen.

As for the graphics, they are amazing. They really push the xbox to its limits and is by far the best looking xbox game around. It puts most PC FPS games to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

As you're playing the english version I would assume that it is an official copy (not the leaked french one). How did you manage to swing that?

Must say that I am looking forward to playing it on Live though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It's reviewed by an official magazine, so I'm hardly surprised. Why has everyone being debating review scores lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the graphics in magazine screenshots tend to be quite crappy as they are stills from the game and you dont see it at i's best./ you need to see it moving. i cant wait to see it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As you're playing the english version I would assume that it is an official copy (not the leaked french one). How did you manage to swing that?

God loves me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

God loves me too.
    Finished it weeks ago. Not a 10/10 game by any stretch. Bring on Echoes

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Edge and Games TM are the only magazine review's I'd put any stock in. Despite not playing it, I'd be surprised if either give it a ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

The official launch party is next Wednesday...free Halo cocktails :D

Advertisement