Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raymond E. Feist? - what do u think

Options
  • 27-02-2000 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

i have recently begun reading this authors books after reading "Lords and Ladies" (insert kowtow here) for the ninethousanth ninehundred and ninety ninth time, i've read his first three books

By Raymond E. Feist:
    'Magician'
    'Silverthorn'
    'darkness at sethanorn'

they are very good, if ne of u like fantasy/adventure with a bit of myth thrown in for good measure

This is Commander in chief of the USS Esses, signing off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

look back at topics over the last 20 days
    this one is here....

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Those three books were grand I thought.
    He went downhill after that tho. The characters just didnt have the same appeal of the likes of jimmy the hand, and pug as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I get's mixed up - is that the guy with the riftwar series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

yeah great books.
    he also has another series out, called the serpentwar saga which is equally as good, and paladin u would luv the way jimmy turns out, its all the same characters, good reading 4 books in total

This is Commander in chief of the USS Esses, signing off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Usually his books are quite good with the main exception of the Empire Trilogy which has not as convincing characters as his Riftwar world.

i actually enjoyed the empire trilogy.
    it wasn't the same as the riftwar series, it was a different theme.

but it was interesting the way they took the other side during the same time as the riftwar.

and of course the main character i thought was cool, what was her name again?
    anyway she was kewl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Christ, Wyv, magician was the book i've been looking for all week. i didn't read this post properly, because i would have seen the author. anyway, i bought it today. bit steep for a paperback £10, but i've heard some excellent reviews

oh yes they are absolutely brilliant.
    and as for not reading my posts properly, thats blasphemy, hehe, how dare u,lol

give me a shout after u have finished magician and b4 u buy ne of the others, i might lend u some!!
    in fact quite a few i actually have twice, dont ask why, u know the story, u see a new book; buy it and then get it as a present a week later, and u haven't the heart to say u already got it.

there is one u definatly have to read. it is absolutly brilliant, its called "farie tale"
    its a horror, hehe, by feist no less. but worth a read.
    i have it twice so if u want it, send a postal order to/......
    hehe kidding, but seriously if u wanna read it give us a shout
    smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i think i've heard of a faerie tale horror, was that a film or something?

• Advertisement

well, i know ita a book, as for being a film, i don't know, but if it is, i bl00dy well want to see it. asap.

thanx for the info, i'll have a search fot it
    smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

farie tale is excellent and its fantasy horror.
    better than all the rest of his books.
    reads a bit like stephen king if you are into easy reading entertainment

Advertisement