Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites that hold links

Options
  • 03-11-2004 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Just lately someone suggested that i put the URL of my website onto other websites which accept URL's and display them for free. i thought i saw a post on something similar to this just lately but i cannot seem to find it. Does anyone know the name of any of these free sites?

Thanking you in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

There are lots, such as http://www.globalads.com/links/
    Google for 'free links' and you'll find them.

They are generally rubbish though, you'd be better off finding sites that contain similar content to yours, or would attract a similar type of visitor and asking for a reciprocal link to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

They are useless - avoid them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

You probably mean search directories, it’s always a good idea to include your link in the relevant category of a directory (it will improve you search engine placement). However, there is a difference between search directories and link farms (FFA sites).

Here’s a few of the ones you should be on;

www.dmoz.org
    www.search.ie
    www.itdirectory.ie (if your site is IT related)
    www.browseireland.com

Maybe other boards members could continue this thread with recommended directories.

Advertisement