Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say something nice about Bush.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He's only got four more years...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

He gives half witted film makers opportunities / inspiration to make films

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Dick Cheney has said he isn't interested in being the President.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

He lauched the no child left behind act which was supported by Teddy Kennedy of all people, he gave billions of dollars to help aids finding in Africa, he simulated the economy and hellp get out of recession despite 9/11. He gave funding to look into alternative ways of using fuel,he singley handely launched a new industry within publishing of anti-bush book, think of the millions made out of that economy and as said above he made people take an interst in polictics. These are of the top of my head, I could look it up and finds tons more, see he is not that bad a person

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

embee wrote:

Why the hell would you run as vice-president if you had no interest in being the president?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

GreeBo wrote:
    Thats what they said this time...

I apologise to all for going off-topic, but in answer to that ....

He's a day in office and he's already looking for $54bn for this fiscal year to further his "war on terror". I don't think I need to point out where this line of thinking is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Why the hell would you run as vice-president if you had no interest in being the president?

All the power with someone in front of you to take the fall/heat should it ever be needed???

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

bonkey wrote:
    All the power with someone in front of you to take the fall/heat should it ever be needed???

jc
    A patsy if you will (see Canary M. Burns).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

embee wrote:
    Perhaps not, but in the case of death\incapacity\25, Cheney would be next in line, and thus automatically President.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

incapacity
    How exactly is this defined? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Perhaps not, but in the case of death\incapacity\25, Cheney would be next in line, and thus automatically President.
    :eek:

and there was me idly pondering the benefits of someone taking out Bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

uberwolf wrote:
    Don't get me started ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

embee wrote:
    At most, he has only 4 years left. Unless he dies, or someone assassinates him. We can live in hope.
    I go with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Leetdrood

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    :eek:

and there was me idly pondering the benefits of someone taking out Bush.

crossing fingers, someone takes them both out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Guys laugh if you will, but please stop posting comments like that. You might not think anything of it but all you need is one a'hole to report you to the secret service (or the fine upstanding secret service to read this page) and they are required by law to investigate the matter even if you are meaning it in jest.

Having the secret service turn up at your place of work or school with a Garda in tow is never a great thing to have.

Also try to get the thread on topic. I was relating to policies that Bush may of made that are a positive. I don't know of any, I was kind of hoping the "Pro-Bush" camp would post some.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

this is true... though this week they will be very busy!!

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    A patsy if you will (see Canary M. Burns).

Love that Canary M Burns reference. Maybe a tad obscure for the lay man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

It took a lot of rummaging around but I managed to find another one (and an enviromental one to boot :eek: )

Apparently he signed a law some time back in 'aught two to give grants to states to clean up polluted industrial sites.

linkeage

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Hobbes wrote:
    Guys laugh if you will, but please stop posting comments like that.

Agreed.

I would also point out that we generally take a dim view of people encouraging or supporting illegal activity on this forum.

Whether or not you see anything wrong with it, accept that the Seekrit Service could just as easily come knocking on boards.ie doors as on yours because we allow your sentiments to remain here.

It might be a slim chance, but I'm not willing to risk having this site get into legal trouble over the ill-considered musings of some posters.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

uberwolf wrote:
    It's not. Have a look here. The president is incapacitated if the veep and a cabinet majority say he is. Or if he says he is. If he objects, Congress has a vote and a two-thirds majority in each house is enough to jump the veep into the plum job. If it ever happened people would be screaming coup d'etat but then people were doing that after the 2000 presidential election as well and nothing came of it. It's a potential constitutional coup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Those of us old enough to remember when Dubya's Dad was in charge and the ineffective Dan Quayle was the Veep remember the joke of the time:

What are the five most feared words in the world?

Barbara I'm not feeling well.

Babs is Dubya's mum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

bonkey wrote:
    I would also point out that we generally take a dim view of people encouraging or supporting illegal activity on this forum.
    Well, it's illegal in America.

What happens if someone does make a genuine threat against the President in Ireland I wonder? Would they seriously extradite someone?

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    Well, it's illegal in America.

What happens if someone does make a genuine threat against the President in Ireland I wonder? Would they seriously extradite someone?

adam

No. What would happen is a couple of nice Gardai and Secret Service agents from the US embassey would knock at your door where ever you are at that time. They would then ask you all manner of questions. Country doesn't matter. The gardai would be there to ensure your rights aren't stamped on.

It happens quite a bit in various countries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Oh I know that Hobbes, I've read the stories. What I'm wondering is what would happen after that. Say someone said here that they would kill such-and-such-a-person-you-know-who if they had the opportunity, in all seriousness, what would happen after the interviews? I mean I would have said it myself a few years ago (had Bush been in power), and meant it, although of course I wouldn't have had the opportunity. But I still would have meant it. What are they gonna do though?

adam

There is a really good story on the USENET where some guy tested it out (I can't remember the keywords to find it).

He posted the comment to the USENET. Two weeks later Secret Service showed up at his work. They went to the head of the company and then had the head pull in his boss, then pull him. They grilled him in work various questions like when he wanted to make the hit, how, more details on the stunt he pulled. Other personal questions.

They then drove him home and searched his house and questioned him some more. After that they said he would be kept on file but no charges pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭josh40

He did make the "hunchback" suit popular again. He made anyone who can speak basic English look good.He entertained us all with his cryptic speeches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

just something to think about
    you know gwb cant run again in 4 yrs
    and cheney wont run
    well there is another bush
    jeb governor of florida

so it might not be over in 4 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hobbes wrote:
    Guys laugh if you will, but please stop posting comments like that. You might not think anything of it but all you need is one a'hole to report you to the secret service (or the fine upstanding secret service to read this page) and they are required by law to investigate the matter even if you are meaning it in jest.

Who needs the reporting? They're watching you know...

http://www.echelonwatch.org/

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~pspoole/echelon.html

Y'all is so forked.

I'd just like to say for the benefit of the tape, I love Dubya! Four more years, four more years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bonkey wrote:
    Hang on. I can't make idle threats against Bush, but I can have threads with detailed plots against Bertie?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79698&highlight=Bertie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77225 and others.

Advertisement