Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote horror stories coming in.

Options
  • 03-11-2004 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.blackboxvoting.com/

Appears they are doing an independant check on the votes. Already has some reports of what has been going on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

wont make a bit of difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

yeah i've been trying to look around for find a hint of anything.. not much so far...

apparently thats copy site and the real site is blackboxvoting.org *.org*

but the .com is more interesting... ?

im still confused over these provisional ballots, i don't think the should conceded until every vote was counted... tha conceded to save face but what have they go to loose from fighting it

theses guys ODIHR International Election Observation Mission to the United States
    are having a pres conference tmw

http://www.osce.org/news/show_news.php?id=4497

anywho who cares :?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Looking for confirmation but I've heard that every district that a diebold machine was in Bush won by 5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Hobbes wrote:
    Looking for confirmation but I've heard that every district that a diebold machine was in Bush won by 5%.

Check this out, specifically the long post about five entries down ...

rofl.. is there anywhere those figures are more confirmed? Can Bush get 700% increase in voters in 4 four years in one district?

• Advertisement

Hobbes wrote:
    rofl.. is there anywhere those figures are more confirmed?

I don't know.
    Can Bush get 700% increase in voters in 4 four years in one district?

Yes, it's possible, in one district. Most of the numbers were far smaller than that.

I'm not defending it, just putting it forward.

actually, having looked at it properly, it's not a 700% increase in voters, and it's counties, not districts. The figures were derived as follows: "I calced "differences" between expected votes based on voter registration for dems and repubs in each Florida county times the actual total vote counts, divided by "expected" results based on voter registration proportion times actual vote counts in each county."

Not sure I follow that reasoning, tbh. But a comparison of voter registration data, exit polls and final ballots by county would certainly be interesting.

Turns out to be more as well. King County actually hacked thier machine and accidently deleted three hours worth of vote data. Then fudged it to fix it and erased the only audit log.

Also another machine had supposedly died loosing a load of votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

cant beat the old paper vote can you, we should stick with it and reject electronic voting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

Nuttzz wrote:
    cant beat the old paper vote can you, we should stick with it and reject electronic voting

At the very least, they should have the electronic machine print out a receipt on a card showing the voter's choice, which the voter will put into a box upon exit. The cards should be able to be optically scanned using another machine. This way the machines could be spot checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

there was a lot of mention of how you had to click 4 times to be able to vote for kerry, the first three times it would log your vote in as a vote for bush..

tbh personally, I don't trust electronic voting machines with no paper trail.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the entire thing was rigged with regards to these machines, all they needed was a couple of swing states, and to take those states which would be CLOSE anyway, all they would need to do was mess the machines up in one or two of the districts that are traditionally democrat.

I know i sound like a conspiracy theorist, and perhaps I am, but tbh does it really all sound so unbelievable for people who have killed 100,000 innocents in iraq and convinced half of america that they were all terrorists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

There may come a time when electronic voting machines will be thought of as truly impeccable, but for the first major deployment in a presidential election, I can't believe that anyone would have supported using these machines with no paper trail to audit the results.

Advertisement