Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for mp3 to wav converter

Options
  • 03-11-2004 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I am looking for a good mp3 to wav converter. There are loads of freeware and shareware programmes out thre, but what do any of you recommend using?

Seanie.

Comments

and i am looking for the oppositte. Wav to mp3. i know there's loads of freeware could someone just suggest a tried and tested one though?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

dBpowerAMP Music Converter

Winamp will convert mp3->wav too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

The_Edge wrote:

Will It?!?! Its the only decent player for the Windows desktop in my opinion. I must check that out!

emmet, one I have used for a long time is Audiocatalyst. Its very good, and never let me down - though not available anymore. If you want a copy, let me know and I can email it to you (its about 3MB in size).

Also, with Easy CD & DVD Creator (6), the AudioCentral programme in it is a great fast >>mp3 converter from CD's in your CD ROM - can do a full album, in the bit rate of your choice, and MP3 Codec of your choice in about 6 minutes!

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

The_Edge wrote:

Can't find it Edge. I don't have Wimamp Pro now, justthe regular free version. I am presuming you meant the Pro version...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

http://lamefe.sourceforge.net/

for all your audio needs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Easy CD-DA Extractor 7.1.3 is your only man. You'll have absolutely no problems at all if you use this program.

B.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

and i am looking for the oppositte. Wav to mp3. i know there's loads of freeware could someone just suggest a tried and tested one though?

CDex will do wav to mp3 - quite neat and fast...

Seanie M wrote:
    Can't find it Edge. I don't have Wimamp Pro now, justthe regular free version. I am presuming you meant the Pro version...

Tricky-ish to find. Open Winamp and hit Ctrl-P. Down to Plugins/output. Double click the "Nullsoft Diskwriter" and there's your options. Just don't forget to switch it back to "Directsound" when your done! ;)

Edit:
    Also forgot to mention you just hit play and winamp starts the conversion minus the sound of course. Make sure shuffle and repeat are turned off because it will just go into a loop until you hit stop.

I've tried with a few programs no but all i get is similar problems to this one!

Problem

If it plays in wimamp it will convert it to wav no bother.

• Advertisement

Yeah but I think Emmet wants wav to mp3.....

Could you try converting the wav to 16 bit, Stereo, 44100Hz???

Don't know what programs you have/using so I cant advise further...

using audiograbber, it has a "create mp3" function which you select a wav file and it does it for you, only problem is that NONE of the wav's are working. The wav's are all in mono and this could be a problem, also none of them are at 44,000 hz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

if ya want ill send u a copy of CDEX

its only 621 kb in size , great little program

if ya want ill send u a copy of CDEX

its only 621 kb in size , great little program

If it will convert '8 bit, mono, 11025 Hz' wav to mp3 i'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

audiograbber. you can burn songs off cd as mp3 or wav and convert wav to mp3.

using audiograbber, it has a "create mp3" function which you select a wav file and it does it for you, only problem is that NONE of the wav's are working. The wav's are all in mono and this could be a problem, also none of them are at 44,000 hz.
    audiograbber. you can burn songs off cd as mp3 or wav and convert wav to mp3.

yeah i am using audiograbber. But it won't accept the wav files/

Could you email the mp3 to me.......m_robb [at] talk21.com

And I'll have a fiddle with it....can't promise anything though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Easy CD-DA Extractor 7.1 is a great program for converting music formats

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Easy CD-DA Extractor 7.1 is a great program for converting music formats

Yeah I posted that earlier on in the thread, but people seem to be ignoring it for some reason. CD-DA converts any music file, it's free and as the name suggests it's "easy" to use!!!!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Musicmatch lads. Musicmatch. Its a player/burner/ripper all-in-oner. Its the only way forward. And can be *cough* easily *cough* upgraded to the pro version

• Advertisement
Advertisement