Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much does the tooth fairy give?

• 04-11-2004 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

*Please note subject is serious ;)

Anyway, went into the lil bro about an hour ago, he's 8 and still believes in the tooth fairy. Was being a good big brother, deciced to fluff his pillows as they were pretty squashed. As i lifted them he said,
    "oh wait i've to get my tooth wanna see"

So anyway, i looked at tooth and acted amazed as you do and then this conversation ensued

Me: K, now put it under your pillow for the tooth fairy
    Bro: Nah its okay, ill just keep it in my hand
    Me: But the tooth fairy is too small to pry your hands open..
    Bro: Well if shes small she can fit in the gaps of fingers, but it doesnt matter cos i've had it under my pillow last four days and she hasnt come.

omfg. I honestly felt pity on the kid. Poor guy. So im going to act as the tooth fairy tonight, folks are out.
    Curious though, how much do you give in this day and age?

Any help will be great thanks ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

...De Ja Vue....

there must be a glitch in the matrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

On a serious note all the info you need is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=198090

(sorry link button wont work... stupid mcafee)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

2 yoyos is the standard, my bro just found out there was no tooth fairy but that's what he was gettin...don't give any more cos there's a whole lotta teeth 2 pay for in future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

sh*te didnt see that at all.. i apolagise(second time tonight god damnit!) wow isnt that coincidental though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

A euro or two sounds fair. Give him two - he's been waiting for four days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Phew *wipes sweat off brow*

Just did it there. Gave him two fifty. WAAAAY more than i ever got.
    Dunno how the folks do that and the other '2 major things' without being caught, harder than it looks(couldnt find his tooth for ages, was waiting to wake the older brother sleepin underneath him) hehe.. fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

ahh ye.. two fifty is plenty.. i usually give two but in fifty and twenty cents so it looks like loads.. my daughter got lucky about a month ago.. my brothers were stayin over and she reminded them all (after they'd been to pub to watch a match) about her tooth and the tooth fairy... she got fourteen euros haha.. if i'd have known i'd have sneaked a few euro out for the next tooth..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

.............gone are the days of getting a big shiny pentagon-shaped piece of silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

My first tooth didn't fall out till I wa 8, so I never beleived in the tooth fairy. But i played along. I only got a pound. Which wasn't much back in 1994, all my friends got at least 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

5euro my kids gets as i already said....grandparents are the worst for starting this stuff off with the 5euro tooth fairy as grandparents dont seem to carry change and 5euro is the smallest in wallet or purse :D .Ah give him 5euro he has been waiting four days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

1 Euro and leave a note saying "I'm coming back for the rest tomorrow!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Mear wrote:
    Phew *wipes sweat off brow*

Just did it there. Gave him two fifty. WAAAAY more than i ever got.
    Dunno how the folks do that and the other '2 major things' without being caught, harder than it looks(couldnt find his tooth for ages, was waiting to wake the older brother sleepin underneath him) hehe.. fun though.

Thats great - say he was happy. Being Santa is harder. I used to be terrified in case I got caught. My daughter is 11 now but don't believe but I'm starting all over again with my 2 yr old! She wouldn't go to bed on her own on xmas eve - says she was frightened. So I'd have to go with her and I'd set my alarm for 3:00 and then sneak downstairs and set out all the toys, take a bite out of Rudolphs carrot, write a little note "from Santa", fill up the stocking and put it on her bed. I never got caught thank god. Luckily my daughter is a very heavy sleeper and would sleep through a thunderstorm. I don't know how parents do it with light sleepers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Just make sure it's not enough to make them want to pull the rest of their teeth out.
    A friends niece got the idea that she should pull out the rest of her teeth and use the money to buy toys.
    I think she was actually found trying to tie a piece of string around the door and her tooth.
    She ended up being told that they have to fall out naturally or the tooth fairy won't come.
    Thankfully she didn't make the link between eating sweets and lots of soft drinks, and teeth falling out. :)

Killian

Advertisement