Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bluetooth password

Options
  • 04-11-2004 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

When i try to connect to another fone via bluetooth its asks for pairing password what is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

When i try to connect to another fone via bluetooth its asks for pairing password what is it?

Just choose any 5 digit number, 12345,00000, 11111 etc then other device will ask you for a number so you just use the same number... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Just choose any 5 digit number, 12345,00000, 11111 etc then other device will ask you for a number so you just use the same number... ;)
    it's 4 digits on my phone and laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

carrotcake wrote:
    it's 4 digits on my phone and laptop

Yeah I think it can be 4 numbers up ...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sonyericsson standard BT pass : 0000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

If you are connectiong to something like a car kit.. then its wither 0000 or check the manuals that came with it.

If its something like a phone to a computer, just neter the same code on both devices and it will pair them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

a passkey is just a 'password' (a number when used with a phone) you usually just make it up entering it on both devices e.g. you are prompted to enter a passkey, think of one and enter it, then on the other device when prompted for the passkey you enter the same one on it

however, as Peace notes, some devices / peripherals may have a passkey 'hard coded' but that will be given in the manual or on the label

another situation to be aware of when pairing from a PC (WIN XP SP2) or MAC OS X you may automatically be provided with a random passkey to use for that specific pairing process - you would then enter the provided passkey on the device when prompted

BrianG

Advertisement