Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry City Beat..

Options
  • 04-11-2004 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Did any one see this on BBC1 NI tonight..

I thought it was very poorly done compared to the other *Police* shows on Television..

any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I didnt see the derry one, but i watched the one in stoke or liverpool and was a bit offendd.

Explanation - The american presenter speaks to the police as they put on their body armour before going out and he says
    "You guys look like your going to BEL-FAST"

I felt that it was a bit stereotypical, the situation in belfast in the most is not as bad as the foreign media would make out, in order to shed that image they need to stop comments like that. Was gonna write a complaint but couldnt be arsed and there were no other references to the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭AndRoiD

Just saw city derry beat last night. It was AWESOME. thought it was so funny couldnt stop laughing. Fights non stop. i would recommend this show if you want to have a good laugh :D

The first time i watched it i wasnt too impressed (seemed a little boring) but when they go out in the street its really funny seeing all the chavs tryin to put up a fight.

Advertisement