Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Desktop Connection

• 04-11-2004 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

I am trying to use remote desktop connection from my pc at college to my pc at home(Both running Xp pro). My pc at home is conected to a router, it's ip is 192.168.0.2, the router is then connected to a broaband modem ip 168.123.456.78. My question is how do I connected to my pc passing through the router. I've tried things like 168.123.456.78(Router's ip)/192.168.0.2(pc's ip) but remote desktop doesnt see this as a valid address. Also is there any ports I need to open also in my routers' firewall.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

center15 wrote:
    I am trying to use remote desktop connection from my pc at college to my pc at home(Both running Xp pro). My pc at home is conected to a router, it's ip is 192.168.0.2, the router is then connected to a broaband modem ip 168.123.456.78. My question is how do I connected to my pc passing through the router. I've tried things like 168.123.456.78(Router's ip)/192.168.0.2(pc's ip) but remote desktop doesnt see this as a valid address. Also is there any ports I need to open also in my routers' firewall.
    Thanks in advance

Google is your friend.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=remote+desktop+port+firewall

Advertisement