Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park season 8

• 04-11-2004 2:46am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, I just watched episode 8 of season 8 "Douche & Turd" and it was pretty good (Although I daresay a lot of americans might not find it quite so funny just now). I reckon season 8 seems to be going strong on the evidence so far, what does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not here yet. It was shown in America last week. Not a bad episode, but I've seen better....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

bedlam wrote:
    Wasn't overly impressed with 808 but all the rest have been great. 809 aired last night....

...and was available by this morning. I'll be watching later on...I love teh intarw3b! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

The episode with Michael Jackson is just class. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Aava wrote:
    The episode with Michael Jackson is just class. :D
    There's a Michael Jackson one? I only ever saw a one featuring Michael Jefferson - nothing like him at all wink.gif "Ride the train, ride the train!" "Climb the tree, climb the tree!" ... That one was quite good and, thankfully, disturbed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

809 was genius... much funnier than last weeks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    There's a Michael Jackson one? I only ever saw a one featuring Michael Jefferson - nothing like him at all wink.gif "Ride the train, ride the train!" "Climb the tree, climb the tree!" ... That one was quite good and, thankfully, disturbed too.

That episode cracked me up. "The Wishing Tree" is one of their better recent songs as well. Pure genius moving Mr Jefferson to SP, complete with baby Blanket.

Like The Simpsons, SP doesn't get it right every time, thought it's not as hit and complete miss as TS has been in the past few years. I was looking forward to "The Passion of the Jew" earlier in the year, but what had the potential for a great episode wound up just being average, if not below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Ya I loved douche vs. turd. P.Diddy's/Puff Daddy/Asshole's rap was classic.
    And the debate scene was brilliant.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

weerez wrote:
    Ya I loved douche vs. turd. P.Diddy's/Puff Daddy/Asshole's rap was classic.

I agree, that part was brilliant.

809 wasn't great for my money though, a bit blah really. Oh, look, walmart invades the town and they have to fight back! Meh. Although I did like the joke at the very end. Still, it's the only episode so far in season 8 that's left me indifferent, and episodes like Awesom-o and the one with Michael Jackson, er, Jefferson more than make up for it. :)

Haven't seen 809 yet. Loved The Goobacks ep., The Michael Jefferson ep., Awesemo ep., Passion Of The Jew. Very strong season so far.

A lot of people think SP decreased in quality, but I disagree. I think its got better. Its amazing that each episode is written and produced in a week. The new Simpsons take months and they are sh*t.

Oh, and that "Lets Fighting Love" song from GoodTimes With Weapons was genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

808 was kind of funny 809 was crap
    i dont think they are up to the same standard as previous season 8 episodes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

808 and 809 were both classics

well you're a turd sandwich
    but you're a douche.

genius.

anyone know when these will be shown on Tv?

I hear Sky One aren't showing anymore new episodes. Channel 4 is the only other channel that shows South Park( albeit rarely), but I have no idea if they are going to show the new episodes in the future( I dont think they have made it as far as season 7 yet?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

it realy is best to download it as it normaly deals with something thats big in the media at the time
    by the time its on tv over here it isnt as funny as the event that the episode rips the piss out of is long gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

tonights one looks good
    the last two had there moments but werent classics imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think the funniest current event one they done was christmas in canada.

then the funniest episode ever is the biggest douche in the universe with john edwards.

Here spirit come out the window, i'll give you three fiddy.

/me waves three fidddy at the window

I didn't really like Christmas In Canada. I thought it was a weak episode all in all (although the 'current event' in it was priceless). The Biggest Douche In The Universe is one of my favourites too.

"Rob Schneider is a carrot...... 24 carat comedy"
    "Rob Schneider is a tum ta tittle a tum ta too..............Rated pg13"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

weerez wrote:
    I didn't really like Christmas In Canada. I thought it was a weak episode all in all (although the 'current event' in it was priceless). The Biggest Douche In The Universe is one of my favourites too.

"Rob Schneider is a carrot...... 24 carat comedy"
    "Rob Schneider is a tum ta tittle a tum ta too..............Rated pg13"
    Seems like you're using your study / project time to good effect, weerez! :)

808 was the first episode of South Park i saw in a couple of years to be honest. South Park is the one show that seems to get shifted around a lot in the schedules. Never catch it when it's on!

But i enjoyed 808.. was a nice political satire on the Bush Vs Kerry election feud. And also loved the scene where Stan went to live with PETA in the forest. Funny stuff!

Ya I am really workin' hard. Im so lazy.
    :D

Saw 810 - "Pre School" - yesterday and again, damn funny. Particularly liked the 6th graders and their boobs obsession. And the Texas Chilli Bowl...*shudder* (and cartman's random "condoms" outburst....)

Advertisement