Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Science Fiction

Options
  • 27-03-2000 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

The Barrayar novels are a good example of this I reckon.

Anyone got all those EE Doc Smith books btw? I need to start making some inroads into that.

Really enjoying "The Reality Disfunction" - great read!

Al.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

This genre can include a fairly wide spread of books, from Drake's gory realism to Bujold's pseudo-romance. Best series to come along for a while I'd say would be Feintuch's Seaforth saga, which is essentially 18thC English navy in space, but still interesting. Any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

starship troopers is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    starship troopers is good

Well the cartoon is !!! damm left to early this morning to watch it !!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've only read Drake, he has a good sci-fi short story book called, oh, Military Dimension. It's good.

There's also a second version, Mil Dim II.

Anyone read Lord of the Isles (fantasy) by Drake? Just got it but haven't gotten around to it yet, I hear it's good...

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Starship Trooperes is on at 7:30 during the week and 10:30 (I think) at weekends on Sky 1.

Draco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

yeah it very kewl cartoon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Military Sci-fi

Chech out Joe Haldeman's series, (sorta unconnected) starting with "The Forever War",

Also remember a series about the Foreign Legion of the future, was quite interesting (and very gung-ho).

Avoid the later of the Dorsai sagas, they turn absolute ****e! But the first ones are worth a read.

And of course there's te millions upon millions of B'tech book (and/or mechwarrior). Haven't read them myself but seemingly, despite being brainless entertainment, they're actually quite good and addictive when you get into them. hmmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

where is the cartoon, what time? anyone see the groovy godzilla cartoon they have on tv3 of a sunday morning? up every morning to watch it.

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

Advertisement