Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenyan vice president disses Bush

Options
  • 04-11-2004 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

World leaders on Bush victory.

Amongst all the sycophancy, phonyness, frosty diplomatic pragmatism and cryptic weirdness (Venezuela) I thought this guy's reaction stood out.
    Moody Awori, Kenyan Vice-President

I am a little bit apprehensive because the first term of Bush, he had come in as a lame duck.

Now it appears as if he is winning very convincingly. To me, I think we are going to see more dictatorship on an international scale. We are going to see more extremism come out of there.

We are going to see even more isolationism where America will not bother about the United Nations. To me that is a very sad affair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

hmm Its funny. The first quote is from Blair, Bush's staunchest ally in Europe and its utterly vague. All he says is that Bush's reelection is 'significant' and came at a 'critical time' with out putting it in any sort of context (after all Hitler was 'significant' too in the right context). Then straight after come Chirac, Bush's staunchest opponent in Europe who offers 'hearty congratulations', and 'mutual respect'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

Carpo wrote:
    hmm Its funny. The first quote is from Blair, Bush's staunchest ally in Europe and its utterly vague.
    I thought that was odd too. Maybe Blair realises that his relationship with Bush is going to damage Labour's election campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The speech is even more odd when you watch him on video. He doesn't sound like he means it and at the end he says "Demock rattie" (could be the accent though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

I liked the venezuelan foreign ministers,
    its basicly saying No oil for you bushy boy (well, control of the oil anyways)

kenyans was the best,
    said what he was thinking,
    some of the other ass kissing is stomach churning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Hobbes wrote:
    The speech is even more odd when you watch him on video. He doesn't sound like he means it and at the end he says "Demock rattie" (could be the accent though).
    Yip, saw that too.
    I bet Tony was hoping Kerry would have won, and his relationship with Bush has been a bit frosty of late. We haven't seen Tony and Georgie strolling around Dubya's Texas ranch for a long time.
    This is possibilily because Tony probably feels that Bush has lied to him about Iraq and all that WMD bull****e. Though Tony has done a pretty good job at convincing himself about how right it was to go to war.
    It's almost as if Tony is saying to Bush, and in the words of Ollie Hardy, "...here's another nice mess you've gotten me into... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I will have fun with the Blairite gimps that represent me come the next election in the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Redlancer

I think for the vice president of kenya to come out with a staement like that about Bush sums up kenya really.I mean I forgot how liberal kenya is after all and of course there brilliant infastructre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Redlancer wrote:
    I think for the vice president of kenya to come out with a staement like that about Bush sums up kenya really.I mean I forgot how liberal kenya is after all and of course there brilliant infastructre

What do you mean? What has Kenyas liberalism or infrastructure got to do with the comment he made? In what way does his statement 'sum up Kenya'?

Advertisement