Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto SA Finished??

Options
  • 04-11-2004 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Last night I sat in shock at the fact of beating GTA, like what has happened like that happened too quick, I beat the main mission and am currently on 79% completion, with 39 hours of gameplay passed. I am extremely disappointed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Well thats what happens when you make a pig of yourself!!

Its the same as continuosly eating your favourite meal. You will stedily become tired of it and disappointed with it.

Therefore it is better to take little bites! Nibble Nibble!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Buck_Naked wrote:
    Well thats what happens when you make a pig of yourself!!

Its the same as continuosly eating your favourite meal. You will stedily become tired of it and disappointed with it.

Therefore it is better to take little bites! Nibble Nibble!!

Good point and maybe your right, anyway I can trade it in now for the Football manager 2005 and the game life of that is endless but thats another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

39 hours gameplay is a fair ammount... Im about 10 hours in 26% done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Personally I always felt that the missions in GTA were just to introduce you to the world and all the things you can do it. The real fun comes from just going around doing whatever occurs to you to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

It's the rule of 80/20, it'll take you 80% of the total time played to finish the last 20% of the game, so you have a few more hours to get that magic 100% complete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

Willem D wrote:
    anyway I can trade it in now for the Football manager 2005 and the game life.

trade it?! are you mad? obviously your not a "real" gta fan cos theres so much to do in these games even after you complete the missions.

thafitz wrote:
    trade it?! are you mad? obviously your not a "real" gta fan cos theres so much to do in these games even after you complete the missions.

Its over and thats it plain and simple imo. At least I'll get a bit of enjoyment outta FM 2005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Most games only give a quarter of that time. Dunno what your bitter about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Pharcyde

I'm close on 20 hrs now and abbout 12% complete! I might be on my own here but I play the game the opposite as it was intended (I presume). I do a mission when I get board or frustrated elsewhere. There are so many elements to this game it's impossible to get bored. I have spent hours just going around robbing Ballas, pimpimng, burgalring(?) taking my BMX to the ramp parks or just playing pool in the pubs.

This thread kinda reminds of kids in school who skim through a book in class just to be first to put their hand up and "Finished!".

We all know what to expect from a GTA game at this stage. Other games we moan because they are too linear and thus over too quickly.

If your gonna buy GTA:SA, buy it for the right reason and enjoy all it has to offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Pharcyde wrote:

This thread kinda reminds of kids in school who skim through a book in class just to be first to put their hand up and "Finished!".

Ha Ha ! Excellent point! Well made!!

• Advertisement

Pharcyde wrote:
    I'm close on 20 hrs now and abbout 12% complete! I might be on my own here but I play the game the opposite as it was intended (I presume). I do a mission when I get board or frustrated elsewhere. There are so many elements to this game it's impossible to get bored. I have spent hours just going around robbing Ballas, pimpimng, burgalring(?) taking my BMX to the ramp parks or just playing pool in the pubs.

We all know what to expect from a GTA game at this stage. Other games we moan because they are too linear and thus over too quickly.

If your gonna buy GTA:SA, buy it for the right reason and enjoy all it has to offer!

I mess around too but I dont save if I do...thats just silly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Pharcyde

Tusky wrote:

Why silly? I find it's the best way to rack up some cash and get "strapped", without having to visit Ammu-nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm 22 hours in and only have 16% done. I just get so sidetracked, that there's times where I have to sit down and force myself to try some of the missions instead of just pissing about on the BMXs and the Dodo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Well I got it on release day and am only on the fourth or fifth mission in San Fierro. I just play it a little at a time.If you are trading it in Xtravision are giving 30 euro for it.I dont know about anywhere else.Gamestop dont give you much for games I know that for sure.I wouldnt trade it though, theres still hours of fun left in it after the missions. There Vigilante/ ambulance/ fire / courier missions. finding all the tags/ oysters/horseshoes/ unique jumps etc. I hold onto it for another while yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Willem D wrote:
    Last night I sat in shock at the fact of beating GTA, like what has happened like that happened too quick, I beat the main mission and am currently on 79% completion, with 39 hours of gameplay passed. I am extremely disappointed.

39 hours - Did you get SA on friday?
    Tusky wrote:

Why? When messing around I normally get increased driving skill, gun skill etc.

monument wrote:

Got my copy on thursday and its been brought back and got my dosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

aye im nearly finished played about 20 hours? i dunno
    but i agree the best fun in GTA is just feckin around yourself
    theres so much to do and theres do much secret **** in this game
    it would take months to properly complete it...
    and even then
    u can still have fun

:P

p.s good point about the kid in class :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Willem D wrote:
    Got my copy on thursday and its been brought back and got my dosh.

You got your money back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i was about to offer you cash for it as i cant find a copy in the city at all

monument wrote:

Thats true , never thought of that... only thing is when I mess around it usually ends inmy death or alot of police after me :) So no point in saving that !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Is it just me, or is the fellow doing target practice in Ammu-Nation a dead ringer for Kurt Cobain?

Ah, the complete disregard for political correctness is so wonderfully executed. "Try our landmines- The gift that keeps on giving!"

Tusky wrote:
    Thats true , never thought of that... only thing is when I mess around it usually ends inmy death or alot of police after me :) So no point in saving that !

Well, if you don’t find any thing wrong with saving...

Once you get a bit of money... save, go to the bookies, bet on the higher odds (11/1 etc), you should win the first or second go, once you do go and buy the nearest safe house, save go back and bet again - there's less of a chance you'll make money the second time around - do it until you have a crazy amount, so now you can afford to use the spray shop with out thinking about the money....

...or you could rob more than $100 before too many police officers are after you... just to cover costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

monument wrote:
    Well, if you don’t find any thing wrong with saving...

Once you get a bit of money... save, go to the bookies, bet on the higher odds (11/1 etc), you should win the first or second go, once you do go and buy the nearest safe house, save go back and bet again - there's less of a chance you'll make money the second time around - do it until you have a crazy amount, so now you can afford to use the spray shop with out thinking about the money....

...or you could rob more than $100 before too many police officers are after you... just to cover costs.

Pimping is the easiest route to money; after around 20 mins you shoudl start taking in 3k per pickup - makes buying a few safe houses early on very easy.

I've more than $01000000 - got it in under 20mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wow. The orginal thread starter I'm guessing got most if not all of his newly acquired red rep off of this one thread. :D

Seriously, none of the GTA games were ever about the missions or completing the game. All the random crap there is to do, alongside the sheer scale of this episode should mean it has at least 10X the play time of VC or III, after the missions alone are all done and dusted.
    I still return to both older titles for a spin about town or to listen to some tunes, and they're still fun, even though I can find my way round them blindfolded.

Lastly; for the soundtrack (heck for just one or two of the damn radio station's output) the asking price is worth it on it's own, so why wouldn't you hold on to the game to play as well?

BTW you'd have gotten much more for it on eBay UK since there still seems to be a supply/demand problem. €30 in Xtravison?

[edit] And you wanna swap it for another soccer-title clone with fully deailed strips and grounds? :rolleyes:

Just to let you know wertz I got every penny back and I am enjoyin Football Manager, game which can truly go on for ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

wat an old thread!!

ahh well, so how many people hav finished GTA San Andreas 100% and want to brag about it!!

I finished by mid December and got €30 for it through a bet!!

so it was rewarding in two ways!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That was posted around the release of the game last year where it was sold out pretty much everywhere unless you had preordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Special offer on in Game @ the mo. Buy summit in store & you can get GTA:SA for 30 euro with your purchase.
    Rather silly I know, U would think they would have a limit or sumthing, maybe you have 2 spend @ least 10 -20euro in store & then you can get it, but no.
    You can spend any amount of moola, cheapest thing I could find was a 3 euro book. Anywho, looking forward to hours of gameplay. :D

Advertisement