Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefit gig

Options
  • 04-11-2004 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Dathi, any chance that your DJs mention this gig on their shows? Mark Signal, maybe?

The Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign (www.supportpalestine.org) are having a benefit gig on Tuesday the 9th of November, in the Sugar Club, Leeson Street. (doors 7.30pm). Lineup as follows:

Andy Irvine

Kila

David Rovics (US singer songwriter)

Roisin Elsafty (sean nós singer)

Herm

Tickets are 15 euro and all proceeds go to the IPSC.

From Herm's Alex: "For those of you who feel that benefit gigs in general suffer from a lack of glamour, may I point out that at this one you will have plush seats, candlelight, and reasonably-priced cocktails. However, rumours that Andy Irvine will be performing bossa-nova renditions of "The Plains of Kildare" and "All You Fascists Bound To Lose" while wearing a white tuxedo are *probably* greatly exaggerated".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

yez......no problem............I hope to be able to make it but I've aranged some studio time with some people and I cant let them down. I'll do my best.

wot did zu fuc of tzu Zjordan again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭pastis

I was in Nimes for a week. Loads of hillwalking again, well rewarded by copious amounts of saucisson, cheese and wine. You would have loved the Chevrochon des Alpilles and its smell. :eek:

thats the cow**** cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

wheres my mixer?

• Advertisement

:eek:

RE: thats the cow**** cheese?

This one is goat. Awfully smelly too. My supervisor asked everybody around what that sudden smell was as I took one of of those wonders out of my bag on Monday.

meant to ask you how Kila was?

i'll tell you when i get the mixer

I missed the gig unfortunately as I was on holidays then. I heard the place was jammers and that it was a great night.

Now where's Dud's mixer??!!

• Advertisement

yeah, wheres me mixer?!

Advertisement