Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter Strike Killings (australia)

Options
  • 04-11-2004 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

'Computer characters' shot man
    November 4, 2004

A COURT has been told two men dressed as characters from a computer game shot a man dead in front of his family during a home invasion in Sydney.

Twenty-one-year-old Sophear Em is standing trial in the New South Wales Supreme Court charged with the shooting murder of Josef Logozzo at his Cecil Hills home on January 7, 2002.

He has also pleaded not guilty to assaulting Mr Logozzo, a wholesale fruit distributor at Flemington markets, and shooting his wife, Marianne.

Crown Prosecutor James Bennett SC, told the court Mr Em and another man invaded the Logozzos' home shortly after midnight, dressed as characters from the computer game Counter Strike.

During the invasion, Mr Logozzo was shot in the chest and his wife in the hand.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11284034%255E421,00.html

Yay! Can't wait for the mud-slinging to start again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Considering the appearance of the CS models is based on real-world army fatuiges etc., I think they have a hard time justifying that claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Perhaps, but in terms of the sensationalist media (The Sun), its an irrelevant minor detail. Computer games = Evil! They must be banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

What a crap news report.. just drop info details to blame a game but nothing else.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Yeah it's pretty useless.....

When i was in Sydney i couldn't believe how huge CS was in all the net cafes....always dozens of guys playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

lol, big animated PS2 add in the middle of the page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

RuggieBear wrote:
    Yeah it's pretty useless.....

When i was in Sydney i couldn't believe how huge CS was in all the net cafes....always dozens of guys playing it

Yeah, the debased savages.

SyxPak wrote:
    Yeah, the debased savages.
    :D

What i meant was it seemed much more popular over there than it did here...any net cafe's i was ever in here, never had anyone playing CS...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

RuggieBear wrote:
    :D

What i meant was it seemed much more popular over there than it did here...any net cafe's i was ever in here, never had anyone playing CS...
    What crazy ass net cafe's do you go into.
    Every game cafe I used to go into here and people screming at each other while playing CS.

What crazy ass net cafe's do you go into.
    Every game cafe I used to go into here and people screming at each other while playing CS.

Just some of the ones in temple bar...anyway, i'm goin to stop digging deeper and deeper now.... :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Was he ct or t?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Maximilian wrote:
    Was he ct or t?
    Judging by the report it wouldnt surprise me if he was dressed as leet crew, ie: shirt, jeans, and glasses. :rolleyes:

Advertisement