Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it

• 04-11-2004 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering you anyone could give me a quick answer to the following long winded question.

Got the gfriend a Nokia 3200 from o2 on the speakeasy plan back in July for her birthday.
    Everything is fine with the phone and she has had no problems. However she just headed off to the Oz for 3 months and the phone is not working. First question, why is speakeasy sim not work in Oz (limited credit, etc) ?

Next problem. She decided to get a pay as you go sim while over there, put it in the phone and go about here business. However it’s a vodaphone sim and the phone is not recognising it. Next question, is there any practical easyway to unlock the phone to allow the vodaphone card to be recognised? Keep in mind any instructions will have to be simple as she wouldn’t know a lot about this type of thing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Bring it to an unlocking shop in Oz and get it done there. I recall that there is loads in Chinatown in Melbourne and I'm sure the same in most other cities.

Phones are cheap down there so she might just want to go out and buy one.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

pm me and i'll unlock it... free of charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

Managed to find a link on the web for some software worked a treat.

Thanks all.

Advertisement