Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese Restaurant/Take-away

Options
  • 04-11-2004 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

So whats your favourite one, mine are:

Restaurant: The Jade Palace, The Mall.

Take-away: Jumbos Ballybricken or Dragon Inn.

I've already gotten two more boardies in an the No. 42 from Jumbo's in Ballybricken ;) . Anyone else tried it. One of the nicest things you could eat.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

jeez.. havent had a chinese takeout in Waterford in ages..

Maybe next weekend im home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    jeez.. havent had a chinese takeout in Waterford in ages..

Maybe next weekend im home :)

Which might be the 20th Nov ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yup.. maybe.. :cool:

Ill go halves on a spring roll with ya.. ;)

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Mmmm, Jumbos.....Hmm, I'll have to come down for this beer-up, if only so we can mount an expedition to Jumbos!

I wonder, if we asked them nicely, would Downes' let us bring in chinese food...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Yeah, must say I like Jumbos. There's another Chinese take-away in Ballybricken, can't remember what it's called but it's fairly good too. I like Tuk Tuk Thai down on Canada St, I know it's a Thai take-away but it beats the hell out of Chinese food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Coumtay

mmmmmm.... Singapore chow-mein from Jumbo's, a Saturday night delicacy!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Definitely Jumbo's for Chinese takeaway. Why stop there though? What about Chippers, Indians, pizza, kebabs?

Chippers - Ballybricken take away in town (best chicken burgers in the world), Cunninghams when in Tramore though

Indian - Eastenders (expensive though, jsut like all Indian take aways)

Pizza - For delivery it has to be Godfathers the new place, good value for money too. For eating in or carry out though its all about Gino's

Kebabs - Istanbul all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

KevIRL wrote:
    Definitely Jumbo's for Chinese takeaway. Why stop there though? What about Chippers, Indians, pizza, kebabs?

Chippers - Ballybricken take away in town (best chicken burgers in the world), Cunninghams when in Tramore though

Indian - Eastenders (expensive though, jsut like all Indian take aways)

Pizza - For delivery it has to be Godfathers the new place, good value for money too. For eating in or carry out though its all about Gino's

Kebabs - Istanbul all the way.

Chippers - I agree with Cunninghams but for town I'd have to pick Danny's on Barrack Street - their chicken fillet burgers are gorgeous.

Indian - don't really like Indian food.

Pizza - not a big pizza fan either but would prob go with Coney Island. 4 star are rotten. Must try Godfather's - do they deliver. TBH the only pizza I really like is the frozen Pepperoni Deep Pan by Goodfellas.

Kebabs - yes Istanbul do lovely Chicken Kebabs but I've never had one sober!

Do anyone find that K-Recipe is not as nice as it used to be. I love their gravy though..

Tony's in the Glen beside the Forum is class for chips and they do a fantastic
    chicken kebab.. absolutely yummy....

nyom nyom.. :D

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have to second Climaxers number 42 in the Jumbo recomendation.

Also Jade is nice, and Dragon Inn is about the best of the ones who deliver I think.

Can't go wrong with Cunninghams/Tonys for your fix of grease either.

Wine Vault nicest sit down place, although the Alamo in Tramore is nice too. For Pizza I think its Coney Island or Gino's.

Honorable mention to Istanbul Chicken Kebabs, plus KRecipe Chicken Fillet Burgers (But only after 3am / 10 units of alcohol).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Chinese above the Uluru is nice. Cunninghams is the ONLY chipper. Bodegá is great for a nice meal. New York Pie Company for a pre/post beer snackage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Mmmmm, Cunninghams' chips...*drools on keyboard*
    Yeah, Tony's are the next best thing in town. I don't eat Indian so I dunno about them, but I'd go with Ginos on the pizzas, but more as a habit than anything else, haven't tried the new place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

What kind of stuff does Bodega do Reactor ?

Also is it a full bar or a wine bar in there ? Is it a pub that serves food or a restaurant that serves drink ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Quigs Snr wrote:
    What kind of stuff does Bodega do Reactor ?

Also is it a full bar or a wine bar in there ? Is it a pub that serves food or a restaurant that serves drink ?
    Nice food. They have a couple of French Chefs (although one is now doing la boulangerie mostly - which is fecking amazing). Basically anyway hey have a small set menu, which is food they do all the time, and a much larger whatever's fresh on the day kinda menu. They do wine and beer, not really a bar at all, although they have a little bar area - go for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Chinese/Thai combination restaurant out in the Brasscock shopping centre is pretty tasty.

The Jade palace is good, if a little traditional. The Tuk Tuk Thai is excellent as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mad-blaa

dudara wrote:
    The Chinese/Thai combination restaurant out in the Brasscock shopping centre is pretty tasty.

The Jade palace is good, if a little traditional. The Tuk Tuk Thai is excellent as well

Yeah Kambo is the one you're on about, by far the best sit down chinese (thai) resaurant in the city!!! I love it!

Lads and lassies, are we forgetting about the battered sausages from Walkers on the mayers walk, they can't be beaten!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The jade palace is very good as is the one above the uluru on the dunmore road << both of those for just normal chinese
    Kambo is great at what it does aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Chips - Cunninghams

Pizza - Ginos

Chinese - probably the Jade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

Used be a big Happy Garden fan but now since Johnny Fans opened above the Uluru it's a lot handier!

Pizzas- Ginos and you gotta taste their ice cream too.. mmm! Wasnt impressed with Godfathers at all, the pizza was cold and it lacked flavour.

Advertisement