Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enders Game

Options
  • 02-04-2000 12:09am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just finished the last in the Quartet and I really liked the whole story. The last book is a little weak tho, but it at least finishes the story in a consistent manner.
    I get the feeling tho that someone had been giving Scott Card too many of the trippy pills in the nursing home smile.gif

Anyone else read this or other stuff by him?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey Tom,

yeah I read it, I was a bit disappointed with the last 2 books, I thought that he could do more than that. An amazing author, but not living up to his own standard. I'd like to see more, "Enders Shadow" appears to be doing very well, but we'll see. There's talk of a film version of Enders Game - can't remember where but I think I've a link on http://student.dcu.ie/~99143925/ or somewhere to it. Cool site if you get to it.

Al.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hattrack.com talks about a film of Enders Game (I dunno if it would cross over to film well).

Speaking of films of books I like, V for Vendetta is apparently next on the list of the Walchowski brothers (of The Matrix fame).
    Now *that* would rock.

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The last two books were terribly weak. For me they were just dragging out the story and adding bugger all to it.

Draco

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Not until you pointed it out.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I must say I didn't think any of them were weak, one of the best series I've read.
    Get your hands on Enders Shadow it is fantastic.
    They are trying to get funding to film both Enders game and Enders Shadow as seperate films at the same time (saving money on sets etc.) Should be interesting.

"bugger all" - pun intended Draco ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Are any of his other serieses worth reading -
    Homcoming Series or Tales of Alvin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I read the 1st of the homecoming series, memory of earth I think it were called. t'was alright but not great.

Advertisement