Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

On-line motor tax renewal - so easy!

Options
  • 04-11-2004 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

I'm not in the habit of giving out complements to public sector web sites but...

Motor tax online www.motortax.ie is just so wonderfully easy in comparison to the postal/manual system. Anyone would be mad not to use it.

Even if you forget to pay your tax untill you run into arrears you can still renew on-line which is great because this used to be so slow while you were vulnerable to fines every day.... (The site simply calculates the arrears you have to pay there and then as well as the 3, 6 or 12 month renewal amount.)

Also, they accept Laser as well as credit cards.

Even best, they respond very quickly. I paid on Monday afternoon and the disk came in the post this morning (Thursday).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I know, it really actually works!
    I'm surprised Bertie doesn't mention it as a proud FF achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

It's brilliant alright.
    Did it this week too. Few minutes and no queues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

yea excellent set up indeed.
    If you could only email pics of your car for the NCT and some way of sending your emmisions through email was developed we would be laughing.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

One flaw is that a car with its tax out of date (but off the road) cannot use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Used it and took 3 days to get my disc A1 maybe a lot of other taxation systems etc could be automated and save hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

kbannon wrote:
    One flaw is that a car with its tax out of date (but off the road) cannot use it!

But don't you have to go down to the cops to get them to stamp a form anyways and that's goint to take a while anyways

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

only if it is off the road (hence the garda signing in agreement)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

nope. You get your renewal notice in the post, log in with the PIN that's on it, check your details and pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

Yep Brill just got my tax disc in the post, applied on Friday, now I'm inpressed!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Sounds good - my tax is due in a few weeks so will try do it this way - its a pain in the ass trying to get into the tax office anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh....jus used it there yesterday to renew my sis' tax & it was totally painless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sha

:)
    vinnyfitz wrote:
    I'm not in the habit of giving out complements to public sector web sites but...

Brilliant Website for those of us who cudnt be bothered stopping at the post office !!! Def Give it the tits up !!! Try it !!! :D

Advertisement