Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nine inch nails - We're In This Together

Options
  • 04-11-2004 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

nine inch nails - We're In This Together

Wow, i just got this song, it's great... I love the lyrics combined with the music in the background.

Does anyone know of any other songs that are similar to this.. especially the lyrics/music combo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Is it just that one song you have? I'd reccomend The Fragile and Downward Spiral albums. I'm sure you'll appreciate them. As a matter of fact you should get The Downward Spiral anyway, everyone should, tis fantastic album alltogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't even have the song.. i have an anime music video with that as the music in the background...

is that album you mentioned a nine inch nails album?

I'll go googling for it.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah they're NIN albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yup they're both albums. We're In This Together is featured on The Fragile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

The Downward Sprial and The Fragile are incredible albums.

The genuine emotion, especially in TDS, is just overwhelming at times.

TDS is ten years old this year, and the Deluxe Edition of it is out on November 23rd, so you might want to wait till then before buying it.

It's been remastered in stereo and 5.1 for release on CD, Super Audio CD (SACD) and DVD (I think it's DVD-A). It comes with a B-sides and rarities CD too. I can't wait to get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

if you like The Fragile I'd suggest you try Loveless by the band My Bloody Valentine, everytime I listen to later NIN I think of MBV (too many acronyms). In fact, I remember reading an interview with Trent Reznor and he said that Loveless made him think of the guitar in a whole new way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

John2 wrote:
    if you like The Fragile I'd suggest you try Loveless by the band My Bloody Valentine, everytime I listen to later NIN I think of MBV (too many acronyms). In fact, I remember reading an interview with Trent Reznor and he said that Loveless made him think of the guitar in a whole new way.

Yeah that was in Hot Press a few months back:

Trent Reznor on My Bloody Valentine:
    "I remember listening to Loveless a lot when we were recording Broken. Production wide, it was a massive step forward for guitar music. What I really like about My Bloody Valentine is their diversity. They can do balls-to-the-wall rock - and you can hear that in lots of our music, from 'Wish' to 'We're In This Together' - but there's also this serene, other-worldly quality to their records, and I hope there's a similar vibe on some of our stuff, like 'A Warm Place' or 'La Mer'.
    Loveless was actually a big factor in me asking Alan Moulder to work on The Downward Spiral. 'Only Shallow' is one of my favourite videos of all time too."

I must get that video. MBV are the best Irish band ever, IMHO. Kevin Shields did a great job on the Lost In Translation Soundtrack, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Not sure if i heard that song your on about Slydice but i love NIN and the downward spiral albums are great to listen to!

Advertisement