Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hey devore

Options
  • 04-04-2000 1:05pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Also while on holidays I blasted through 3 books and got the old addiction for reading back. I've 19 books lined up on Amazon.com and I'm trying to work out where to get the cash to buy them all.

hmmm, maybe a list of books on your bedside might be an interesting topic smile.gif

Currently rereading Liars Poker (killer book), Inversions by Banks, and a popular science book called, madestly enough, How Brains Think... (mine could do with a tune up smile.gif )

Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, about 3 pages of finity to go by john barnes. next up the beach
    after that im not sure. i might try ian bamks. never read any of his stuff so i'll give it a whirl.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah man! I envy you not having read PlayerOfGames yet.
    Excession is a really good read and in parts is pants-wettingly funny. (I just love those Ship minds, especially the renegade ones).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Could you start some more topics please, DeVore? I don't think you have quite enough in the last day smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

why have you started posting in all these other forums?
    eh?
    the q3 board getting to boring wink.gif

and when did you get all intellectual with da book reading?

ahh, happened about the same time you started playing UT didnt it
    i guess that UT is not only a better game, but it stimulates the brain as well!

you owe me a pint. i want it on saturday...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes you've caught me out!
    UT stimulated my brain in all sorts of funny ways.

Actually I have always been interested in raising the standard of posts on the boards.

I'm currently posting actively here because for the first time I've noticed that there are people out there with opinions which extend beyond "yer ma is ***!" and who have the inclination to discuss them in a civilised manner!

You'd be surprised what sort of things I have read and studied.... smile.gif

Pints on Saturday, on me np smile.gif))))

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement