Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Places to stay in Amsterdam

• 04-11-2004 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello,

Visiting Amsterdam for a long weekend. Any suggestion on a reasonabel hotel to stay in the centre? What must I do and see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

what must you do and see?

to do -> smoke

to see -> colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Jefferson Darcy

Hotels are pretty expensive in Amsterdam.

I think even the cheap chains such as Ibis will set you back around €90 a night. However, I wouldn't go lower than this as the cheaper places are pretty dreadful. Due to some strange tax law related to the width of the building facade, older buildings are very narrow, don't have elevators and thus have very steep staircases. I once stayed in a cheapish hotel for around €60 a night - the room was the very top of the building (5 flights of near vertical stairs) and had very low roof beams. It was fairly clean and all we really needed was the bed and hot water, but the next time I visit I'll be spending some extra cash on a decent hotel.

Accomodation will be the most expensive part of your trip. Food and drink is high quality and relatively cheap compared to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

try http://www.hotel-theglobe.nl/ [hostel] its located in the center of the red light district, its cheap,clean and basic. There are 2 other hotels i stayed in but i cant remember the names ill let you know if i think of them.
    things to do:
    -Dam square at night
    -Heineken tour
    -Boat tour
    -madame tussauds

[anne frank house is crap]

when you get board of them go to the blue bird and get a big bag of sensa star or diesel
    also go to electric dreams and get some mexican shrooms [best for your first time] and if you have some money left get a nice dutch prostitute

get some really good music and possible catch a gig

Advertisement