Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB hits Dublin 8 :)

• 04-11-2004 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭

Just got a letter from NTL saying that their broadband packages were available to us now. Anyone else get a letter like this in D8? We're in the Bertam Court complex in Christchurch but moving up to Millers Hall on Thomas Street in a few weeks so I'm praying it'll be available there too.

If it's available I'll pick it up. Will be nice to have an 'always on, always fast' connection rather than the 'sometimes on, usually mediocre' ripwave product I currently have.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

Yeah but NTL have a cap on their service don't they? I'm near the Guinness Storehouse, I'll check this evening to see if I've received a letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Just out of curiosity, did you see them doing any work in the area recently? I just want to know if its possible guestimate when an area will be enabled by seeing them work on local equipment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've downloaded 93gigs last month
    they don't enfore the cap,
    after downloaing about 500gigs in about 4 months i got a phonecall from them offering their business package because of my use,
    told them why would i want the business package as a home user

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Adey2002 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, did you see them doing any work in the area recently? I just want to know if its possible guestimate when an area will be enabled by seeing them work on local equipment.

I've not noticed anything but I've not been looking tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I wonder how long it would take them to reach Rathmines :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

And how about Beaumont? Is there any way to make an official query of the company to reveal information like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

Ardent wrote:
    Yeah but NTL have a cap on their service don't they? I'm near the Guinness Storehouse, I'll check this evening to see if I've received a letter.

Checked. No letter unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MrPunch

I'm also in Bertram in D8, but as yet havn't got a letter.

We did get a nice demand for payment for the bill we paid last month. Ho hum :confused:

john

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MrPunch

Just an update to the previous, I too have now received the letter from NTL.

The details are Free install, and Free 3 months, so long as you agree to make your bill DirectDebit (fine) and sign up for a 12 month min contract (not so fine as I've only 9 months left in the flat)

Still, doing the numbers in my head would seem to indicate that dropping the eircom line completely (and thus the Eu170 bill, of which Eu10 are calls) would more than pay for the extra 3 months...

john

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Is dublin 8 rathmines area also?? any news on wether they cover that area yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Lenny wrote:
    I've downloaded 93gigs last month

Just out of curiousity what did you download that took 93 gig?!!! The most I ever downloaded in a month was 4 gig!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

u obviosly dont download movies, games or appz :D

Advertisement