Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sophie's world

Options
  • 03-04-2000 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

started this over the weekend. written by a norwegian it seems to be a series of letters on the great philosophers and their ideas. anyone who read it have any opinion?

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, i read it about 4 years ago.
    having mother who actual leactures the subject in trinity and UCD has given me the joy of understanding (just a little bit anyway) about the whole philosophy thing.
    so i thought the book was very good in that it gives a little insight into all different philosophical thoughts throughout histry
    only problem was that while is was ground covering, it was very lite in actual content on the subjects, plus it was still a story
    and a crap story as well.
    but its still worth reading and does become a bit heavy in parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Yeah, but i find its a great trainer for more philosophy. Must get myself some books about aristotle and archimedes. sophie's world must be pretty good if it gets me to think that, no?

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

Advertisement