Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring back Gaybo!!

• 04-11-2004 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Forget bring back Dunphy bring back Gaybo. Pat Kenny is absolutely insipid to say the least.

Who Hates Kenny? 15 votes

I love him and his show
    0% 0 votes
    Bring back Gay
    0% 0 votes
    Give Tubridy the job
    60% 9 votes
    Give it to someone else
    40% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Willem D wrote:
    Forget bring back Dunphy bring back Gaybo. Pat Kenny is absolutely insipid to say the least.

Gaybo!!!?? yeah may as well make him earn his f-ing 200 grand a year. Actually, no don't bring him back with his poxy cravat and condescending tone and his "Hows your Mammy" questions and his "roll it there Colette" ****e. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If only I had a gun.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Pat's method of interviewing involves bombarding guests with facts, thus bamboozling them and then heading off in tangents.

I find the LLS very boring since he took over!

Saying that Gaybo got to be quite sickening in his final years...fresh blood required and not Ryan Tubridy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Give it to Dara O'Briain and guests could come on and take the piss or better yet Colin Murphy he'd be hilarious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I wouldn't like to any one of them doing the job tbh. If I was pushed though, I would prefer Gaybo.

BTW I've added a "Someone else" category to the Poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

**** no

that is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

i tell ya what we need is a white wash of all these oldies on tv

was watchin the champions leauge last night and that oldie with the line . okey dokey.....was on
    give the fcuker a bus pass and get him out of there as too gaybo
    the most patronising asshoole i ever saw on rte.

just my veiw any way
    hes over paid and under skilled .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Give it to brendan O connor. All Pat kenny does is crawl up the guests whole and licks around. He doesnt interview, he asks them what he thinks they want him to ask. A waste of tax payers money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

lets liven it all up and give the job too .
    SHIRLY TEMPLE BAR LOL

id say that would be fun............lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Brendan O'Connor would be a good choice, intelligent guy and funny. Personally (i dont anyone will agree with me here) id like to see Gerry Ryan do the late late, in the format of the late late i think hed be fantasic (his previous stuff was good, but im not a huge fan). Prehaps its just cause i like his radio show and I dont recall how bad he is on television tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

see all that stuff about tommy tiernan blasphemy is still going on

brendan o conner is vile man! not simply because of his policitcs

the thing that they always say was good about the late late show was it had everyone talking about it the next day/week, who could do that now? someone who wouldnt suck up tp the guests so much

gay did the controversial stuff and the big stars.. if we want to have a show talked about these days you seem to have to go down the howard stern route...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ardal O Hanlon (in Father Dougal mode) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Best thing is to kill the show.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think the poll is unfair as I don't mind Pat Kenny but he cann't do the Late Late Show.

I some how cann't see Tubrity or Byrne being able to talk to Rachel O'Reilly's Family.

Why not give it to D'Arcy or Dempsey. or at least give them the saturday slot or maybe fanning even O'Brien who's Buried Alive was excelent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I would have gone for Dave Fanning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Serbian

Personally I don't think that there is anyone on Irish Television currently who would either want to take the job, or could do a decent enough job to appeal to the young and old alike.

I personally despise Ryan Tubridy, though I know a lot of people seem to think he's excellent (mostly older people though like my mother). He would be the most obvious choice if they were looking for someone else to do the Late Late.

I could not imagine Tommy Tiernan on the Late Late, that would really be strange, especially after all the stick he got after the Late Late years back with his whole "Big Ruuuusty Nail" sketch.

I don't think Dara O'Briain would be the worst choice ever, he is a decent presenter (see The Panel) but is probably too sarky to ever actually land the job.

How about Hector? ;)

How about Hector?

No.

I liked Amu but lets leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

How about Gerry Ryan??

Dont shoot me!!

How about Gerry Ryan??

He's doing well on Ryan Confidental Leave him there

Advertisement