Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Prelude Appreciation Society

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the_dragon

For all you Honda Prelude enthusiasts, the Honda Prelude Appreciation Society website is on the way. In the meantime, due to unprecedented demand, we have been forced to change our contact details. Our new e-mail address is
    honda_prelude_appreciation@yahoo.ie
    I prefer the .ie in there myself.

Safe driving.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Howdo

the_dragon wrote:
    For all you Honda Prelude enthusiasts, the Honda Prelude Appreciation Society website is on the way. In the meantime, due to unprecedented demand, we have been forced to change our contact details. Our new e-mail address is
    honda_prelude_appreciation@yahoo.ie
    I prefer the .ie in there myself.

Safe driving.....

Preludes are hot for a knacker car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Howdo wrote:
    Until second hand NSX's become affordable, the Prelude will be the bomb. Especially the 4ws 2.2iVTEC with a 6" tailpipe and lowered onto 16" rims. And pimped windows. Mine had the CD changer in the armrest between the rear seats and I still miss it.... Brrrm brrrm. Sorry - got carried away.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭midship

Howdo wrote:

Thats really a matter of opinion, out of interest What do you drive? or even do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the_dragon

Howdo wrote:

What do you drive? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

What is it about the prelude? It's a nice car and I wouldn't mind a go off a 3.0 but people seem to go nuts about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

What is it about the prelude? It's a nice car and I wouldn't mind a go off a 3.0 but people seem to go nuts about it.
    3.0? Did I miss a meeting? The 2.2vtec engine combined with the double wishbone struts front and rear make the Prelude a very fast and sweet-handling car. They are a useable coupe, are very well built and affordable to run. Bear in mind that when the Gen 4 came out, it was competing with VW's Corrado and the Ford Probe for sales. No contest.

The Gen 4 ('91-'96) is the one everyone goes la-la for and I must count myself among them, having donated a kidney to get the money to buy one a couple of years ago.

'c

PS I was born with two kidneys - any takers in exchange for an S2000? Anyone?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Are a weapon in fairness, had a 2.0 l version and it was some mover. Prefer the older models, 95, newer ones are not as nice, lights are too square on the front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

I have a 2.2vtec 95 BB4 shape prelude - nice fast comfortable car ... the handling could be a small bit sharper though so I must uprate the suspension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

$lash wrote:
    I have a 2.2vtec 95 BB4 shape prelude - nice fast comfortable car ... the handling could be a small bit sharper though so I must uprate the suspension

I've got the same model too, superb car, best I've ever owned, and I plan to keep it until it dies, which will probably be long after me knowing Hondas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

3.0? Did I miss a meeting?

No - I must have been thinking of something else. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No - I must have been thinking of something else. :confused:

Yeah, a Supra! ;)

pete.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

I recently got myself a 2.2non-vtec. 'Tis a lovely vehicle although not as much kick as I would have liked (engine swap on the cards for a 2.2 TypeR down the road I think).

Is there a website yet?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I had a 91 gen 4, 2.2 Si vtec, and it was a rocket. Sold it to a guy who painted it lambo orangr, threw a big wing on it and 17s. Dont know where it is now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Are they not an Accord with the 'Less doors/less room/more money' trick done to them...!!...I have owned 4 Accords....good cars

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

They are a completely different car to the accord!
    The accord is available in coupe shape itself do very rare!

Advertisement