Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ciggie Smokers come on in!

• 04-11-2004 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by a conversation I overheard as I was just out for a smoke.

What do you smoke?

What brand?

I smoke Camel Lights, and the odd time I smoke the Pale Drum Rolling tobacco, using filters, and rolled in a machine.

I started smoking Major :eek: eek.gif

And I will smoke the following in order of preference.

Marlboro Lights, B&H, Silk Cut Purple.

I refuse to smoke John Player Blue, they give me a headache.

So, come on, share your tastes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Marlboro lights or Camel lights.

Don't ever forget: Smoking is COOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

And it makes you popular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I started smoking carrolls(I hate them now)

I smoke Silk cut blue
    In order of preference,silk cut purple then marlboro light.
    I refuse to smoke John Player Blue, they give me a headache
    Ditto that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Started with Carrolls, now smoke John Player Blue.

In order of preference, John Player, Marlboro, Marlboro Lights, B&H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I gave up in January, but used to smoke drum light with filters hand rolled, machines are like using stabilisers on your bike :P

I always refused to smoke Johnny Blue cos they used to make me break out in a ronnie and tracksuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I used to smoke Benson & Hedges. 30 of them a day.

That was before I copped on and stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I always refused to smoke Johnny Blue cos they used to make me break out in a ronnie and tracksuit.

That's a real cracker there that is! Well done on that amazingly original joke. Really, well done you. Keep up the good work fella. I'd never have thought of that. Ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i generally smoke any of the following, with only benson or winfield as a preferance...
    silk cut purple, marlboro, marlboro lights, john player, carrolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Marlboro, Marlboro Lights after that anything at all. Not that I'm addicted mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Golden Virginia finest quality hand rolling tobacco.
    Occasionally John Player Blue (from payday until 2 days after payday when I'm broke). Its acceptable once you aren't a dub and don't live in Dublin.
    Previously: silk-cut purple, marlboro lights, camel, B&H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 JW123

Silk Cut Purple, then Marlboro Lights, then Lucky Strikes Light (Lovely)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

oops wrong thread

Smokers die younger

obligitory warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

Camel Lights or Marlboro Lights
    Sometimes do smoke lucky strike,

right now smoking Parliment Lights..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Used to smoke Silk Cut Red which no one seems to smoke really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

B & H or Winfield - normally Winfield since they are cheaper

obligatory smoker response to billy the squid

I will die young, why should that bother you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

20 bensons please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Well i smoke John Player Blue and im very particular towards them now!....i find i dont enjoy any other smokes at all to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

started on silk purples, onto carrolls, then players navy cut, hated spitting tobacco so moved to benny hedges and been a happy victim ever since though smoke dunhill lights when am sick

will smoke anything when drunk though lights need their filter removed and split

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

How anyone can smoke winfileds I don't know. They have a seriously weird smell off them, back before the smoke ban I could spot them from a mile away.

Silk Cut Red eh?? I've seen them before but never tried them. I've noticed that they have a smaller filter than regular smokes, I might give them a try tonight.
    I smoke Purples myself or B & H when I'm drinking.

Has anyone tried those Sovereign cigs?? They are in a black packet, I've always wondered what they are like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Cannabis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

B&H primarily.
    Sometimes for a bit of variety, Camel Lights, Lucky Strike, Marlboro (red).
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    Ok here's mine.
    You could get run over by a bus tomorrow.
    We all gotta die of something, and life at 60+ probably isn't that much fun anyway.

Seriously though, I'd love to have never started... quitting is harrrrd... yet at the same time so easy... I mean all you have to do is not smoke... how can the act of not doing
    something be so hard?!

Hey here's a question... how come smokers only buy their ciggs in 20's and 40's?
    Is it like we're fooling ourselves into thinking each pack may be our last, and we'll be quitting at any minute?
    Look at it realistically and buy them in 5000's, it'll save you all those late night trips to the shops... the thought (and sight) of that many ciggs is some scarey shít though, which is probably why we don't want to subject ourselves to it.

Hats off to the people who've quit them tbh. :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Marlboro Lights.

Sometimes I'll try B & H or Camel Lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I'm with Mordeth on this one; Cannibas.
    That aside i only smoke occasionally (social smoker/only while drinking) but B&H was the first brand i smoked..enjoyed it but then, due to the people i steal cigarettes from, i ended up only smoking silk cut or marlboro lights. Now B&H tastes awful to me...

why is that exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Mossy Monk wrote:
    20 bensons please
    At the same time? Fair play..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

B&H - Formally of Drum rollies (changed after a break).

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Unfortunately im smoking over 17 years,i despise them and have tried numerous times to pack them in,succeding oncve for a few months but went back on them,i do not want to die of cancer and will make a concerted effort in the new year (new year resolution) to pack them in once and for all,i started off smoking Major,then JP Blue ever since,when i was in London i smoked Benson and Hedges,Camel Lights aint too bad either..HELP I WANNA PACK THESE FCUKING THINGS IN......... :eek: :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 2oddsox

blue :d :d :d

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Is it just me or is it getting harder to get Camel Lights? It was hard to get them when they first came out, and it seems to be going that way again now. Are all the CL smokers fairies that can't hack the cold?

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

smokers are jokers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Non-smokers suck the sweat off a dead man's balls. No offense like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ph3n0m wrote:
    B & H or Winfield - normally Winfield since they are cheaper

I will die young, why should that bother you

actually I am an occasional smoker myself I've tried to get off the ****ers i could go for like three / four months and then one night when I go on the piss i end up back on them.

we can't have a smoking thread with out a big government warning now can we
    :p
    Unfortunately im smoking over 17 years,i despise them and have tried numerous times to pack them in,succeding oncve for a few months but went back on them,i do not want to die of cancer and will make a concerted effort in the new year (new year resolution) to pack them in once and for all,i started off smoking Major,then JP Blue ever since,when i was in London i smoked Benson and Hedges,Camel Lights aint too bad either..HELP I WANNA PACK THESE FCUKING THINGS IN.........

I think I will be joining you in your effort to kick them in the new year.

the hardest part of trying to kick them is when your in the pub, although now that there is a smoking ban the pub would probably be a better place to go than to the off licence. No one would be smoking around you in a pub where as they would be at a house party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

It's getting very smokey in here. Someone open a window before the health police arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

I'm afraid the only thing I've ever smoked is a ham. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Marlboro lights all the way...

Used to smoke Silk Cut Blue 100s up until I went to Thailand last year. They don't have Silk Cut over there so I smoked mainly Marlboro Lights, Camel Lights and the most popular Thai brand which were kinda similiar to Marlboro Lights... Brought back about 4000 or so smokes and I haven't looked back since!

Oh yeah, and I'm really cool and so is smoking... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

def prefer refer, tho b&h do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Aava wrote:
    I'm afraid the only thing I've ever smoked is a ham. :confused:
    heh heh heh i bet "smoke me a kipper" wishes he thought of that one,

i used to smoke john player blue or lights sometimes but mostly i used to smoke cutters choice , im still quite partial to the smell of the old cutters choice even though i havent smoked tobbacco in a couple of years now , i used to smoke cannabis too but i havent been able to get any grass for ages and i wont smoke hash as its mank without tobbacco

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Marlboro, Marlboro Lights, or Camel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

Golden Virginia hand rolled with liquorice papers (and they are a bugger to find here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Bessacadia wrote:
    Golden Virginia hand rolled with liquorice papers (and they are a bugger to find here)
    i used to eat a pack of them a day :) (liquorice papers not golden virginia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Marlboro Red. Other than that, Marlboro lights if I have to, but I HATE the way the filter goes up really far on them. And if not lights, either Silk Cut Purple, B&H or John Player.

Actually reminds me, a few days ago, went into a shop one morning after spending the night at someone's house. Now my friend smoked John Player, so I got my Marlboro (awkward word to pronounce..), and then, being still half asleep, asked for 20 blue johnnys. Didn't realise I'd said it until the person serving me gave me a very odd look. I just "meh"'d. Seemed funny afterwards...

• Advertisement
Advertisement